Talk

Advanced search

Nets or blinds

(9 Posts)
LilyFlower2222 Fri 03-Feb-17 13:15:55

House is on busy street. Need to put up something for privacy. Tried looking at blinds but made to measure are so expensive as the windows are large. Are net curtains Naff and if so what's the alternative.
Thanks for reading.

SherlocksDeerstalker Fri 03-Feb-17 16:26:01

Net curtains don't HAVE to be naff, but can very quickly stray into naff territory, particularly the short and patterned type. If you search 'net curtains' on pinterest there are lots of classy ways you can style nets, depending on the style of your decor.

You could also try 'bottom-to-top' blinds, which leave the top part of the window open to let light in, or the most cost effective option would probably be a frosted window film, which come in a variety of cool patterns.

Foxsox Fri 03-Feb-17 23:36:42

Agree with Pp on frosted films

wobblywonderwoman Sat 04-Feb-17 23:26:51

IKEA have nice - not too naff- net

DanceTheBlues Sat 04-Feb-17 23:31:28

I've got nets, they're plain opaque ones from Dunelm. No flowery patterns or lace trims!

4yoniD Sat 04-Feb-17 23:46:56

Neither! Stick on stuff to make windows frosted. Lots of diff patterns on eBay etc. I've done it a few times.

DorcasthePuffin Sun 05-Feb-17 00:22:29

How about vintage lace panels? You can get them dyed different colours.

LilyFlower2222 Sun 05-Feb-17 08:34:16

Thanks for the replies. The stick on stuff looks great but then you can't see out the window. I've been looking at Pinterest and lots of great ideas.

hollyisalovelyname Sat 11-Feb-17 19:21:48

Luxaflex do PULL UP blinds rather than pull down blinds so the blind gives you privacy from the bottom up and let's the light in.
I think they are brilliant and I don't know why they are not more widely used.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now