Talk

Advanced search

How would you use this colour scheme in a new build?

(5 Posts)
stroan Wed 01-Feb-17 12:33:04

We live in a 18month old new build, mostly white walls. Grey carpet throughout the upstairs.

When we moved in, we painted the wall behind our bed a deep, heathery purple. A small wall behind the dining area of the kitchen was painted a vibrant purple as the units are white and I felt it needed a pop of colour. I've just finished painting a wall in our spare room a dark charcoal grey and DD's room has star decals all over one wall. It's unintentionally a bit feature-wall heavy. I like deep colours, but few of our rooms can take those colours on all 4 walls.

I've fallen in love with this blue-grey-mint colour scheme for DDs next bedroom. It's currently a plain white box, small double/big single with large window and a cupboard in the corner. There's one full wall with nothing on it.

It's north facing so I'm reluctant to paint it all in the deep blue. But I'm not sure I want yet another dramatic feature wall! We already have mint accessories but I don't like the idea of all mint on the walls. Could be a bit sickly. She'll have white furniture.

Any ideas on how I could use this scheme? Any unusual paint ideas that could work?

User446 Sat 11-Feb-17 12:44:29

That's gorgeous! I have seen on Pinterest a lot of ppl painting mountains - try searching for that on Pinterest it could work really well with those colours!

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 13-Feb-17 12:52:56

I've just find my dd's bedroom in light grey and navy and that turquoise blue would fit beautifully as accessories/curtains. We did 2 walls in b&q premier deep marine and 2 in light rain and it looks lovely ( I think !)

stroan Tue 14-Feb-17 19:45:46

Interesting! I hadn't considered doing two walls in each.

I think I've picked the colours

thenewaveragebear1983 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:23:16

They are gorgeous together. There are loads of accessories etc in that turquoise colour, and white obviously, in the shops at the moment to bring that colour in?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now