Talk

Advanced search

What's on your little girls wall?

(16 Posts)
CaptainHarville Sat 28-Jan-17 15:01:08

DD is nearly 5 and currently her room still has a nursery look and feel. I plan to paint it pink at her request and rather conveniently I have paint left over in dulux blush noisette 5 which should do the job.

But I'm stumped as to what to go on her wall. At the moment she has a load of animal pictures left over from the nursery but they're very babyish now. Do you have pictures? Decals? Any inspiration?

HeyMicky Sat 28-Jan-17 15:09:53

DD is 4. She has very pale yellow walls and a decal of a tree blowing blossoms across the wall in yellows, orange and gold. She also has three shelves holding pictures and ornaments, a clock, several interesting-shapes hooks on which bags are hung, and a limited edition print of a wild hare which has yellow tones in it.

EweAreHere Sat 28-Jan-17 15:10:30

Wall stickers are great!

EweAreHere Sat 28-Jan-17 15:12:04

My little girl loves these:

www.amazon.co.uk/sourcingmap-Butterfly-Bicycle-Removable-Sticker/dp/B01LXX7SEN/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1485616291&sr=8-2&keywords=wall+stickers+girl+bicycle+butterflies&tag=mumsnetforum-21

Zoflorabore Sat 28-Jan-17 15:12:21

Dd is 5 and has a shopkins feature wall ( her choice ) and the rest of her room is plain white with a camper van high sleeper taking up much of it.
I wanted to go for candy striped wallpaper or something that would last a bit longer.

CaptainHarville Sat 28-Jan-17 21:40:47

Yes I'm trying to avoid anything too current. She's into Disney princesses at the minute but 6 months ago it was frozen. I like the idea of shelves that would give her somewhere for her little knick knacks and I can choose them! I think those decals look good. I've just taken some off the wall in DS2's room and was surprised at how easy it was given they've been up nearly 10 years. At least then when she's older I can easily change them. Just hope the pink love lasts..

MrsT2007 Tue 31-Jan-17 19:41:27

Walls are homebase 'contemporary' but striped pink curtains and lovely bird and flower wall stickers.

Easy to re-do in different theme in a few years

Watto1 Tue 31-Jan-17 19:43:02

Butterfly mirror stickers from Amazon. I'd quite like them on my wall!

DailyMailSucks Tue 31-Jan-17 19:45:56

Mine is a boy and much younger, but he has framed photos of family and the cat on his bedroom wall and loves them.

SherlocksDeerstalker Wed 01-Feb-17 21:52:59

5 year old DD has a large wall hanging bookcase from Great Little Trading Company on one wall, shelving with funky lights on it and pictures of her and her friends on the other, and a gallery wall of frames that we stick her artwork inside on another.

Lesley1980 Wed 01-Feb-17 21:54:29

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008ATOQMG/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1485985902&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=flower+wall+stickers&dpPl=1&dpID=41DxviMYZgL&ref=plSrch&tag=mumsnetforum-21

I have these with the Ikea flower light. There is another plain wall with no furniture against it & ive just stuck her art on it.

wobblywonderwoman Wed 01-Feb-17 22:03:12

I have boys but I painted the room very plain and tried stickers from laura Ashley but tired of them and went for one wall in a check pattern that I hope will do them years.

DJKKSlider Wed 01-Feb-17 22:05:13

Our girls is pink and yellow with a hand painted mural with Her name, hearts, butterflies etc etc.
Before that she had wall decals from B&M

duskonthelawn Wed 01-Feb-17 22:09:24

HeyMicky that sounds lovely, don't suppose you could share a photo of it? smile

JamesBlonde1 Wed 01-Feb-17 22:12:48

I have something like this. Bought lots of bird boxes and painted them various colours. They look very pretty.

IMissGin Thu 02-Feb-17 19:49:50

This pretty wallpaper and these pictures...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now