Talk

Advanced search

Help match sofa to room

(5 Posts)
CaptainHarville Fri 27-Jan-17 20:45:53

I bought a sofa bed a few months ago foolishly it was a bit of an impulse buy. Turns out it just does not match room which is painted in dulux soft stone and with these curtains: http://www.dunelm.com/product/misty-meadow-pp-multi-117x137-1000071902?cm_mmc=pla_google-_-PLA%20-%20GS%20-%20Curtains-_-All%20Ready%20Made%20Curtains%20-%20New-_-keyword&gclid=Cj0KEQiA_KvEBRCtzNil4-KR-LIBEiQAmgekF9Ktg-GlVMTrULsFYtNKcgNyDbdBKR4UNDRn_CKS4KEaAiZ28P8HAQ

The sofa is overall grey but its a mottled black and white that basically looks awful with the other two. Its the sort of sofa you would expect in a home office or bachelor pad. I really don't like it so don't really want to change the room to suit it.

Is there anything I can do between now and when I manage to persuade DH it needs replacing to make it blend in better? Different cushions? A throw? If so what colours?

JT05 Fri 27-Jan-17 23:28:33

I have those curtains as well. I have a jade velvet sofa and have just bought a pale stone velvet sofa and chair, to go with.

How about a throw in the jade or plum colour of the curtains with cushions in the contrast?

CaptainHarville Sat 28-Jan-17 00:07:04

Oh jade is a fabulous idea, I like pink too but DH would probably object. Thanks!

Nospringflower Tue 31-Jan-17 21:40:08

I am fancying velvet sofas. Which ones do you have? Jade sounds lovely.

JT05 Sat 04-Feb-17 10:40:16

Nospringflower , there are lots on the market, varying prices and quality. We were severely restricted on size and access issues, as it's in an old cottage.
After much deliberation we bought a large DFS one because the arms and legs came off so that it could get into the room. We had to send a Multiyork one back sad, it couldn't turn to get through the sitting room door!
So far the DFS one has been great, time will tell!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now