Talk

Advanced search

Ikea alternative

(8 Posts)
Alakazam7 Thu 26-Jan-17 11:07:03

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I need to get a child's wardrobe and desk in the next few months. I think the best I've found so far (and the most affordable) is Ikea. I don't have an Ikea close to me and would struggle to get there, they don't appear to deliver the items I want. Have googled extensively but nothing seems as good. Can anyone suggest good alternatives please?

justaweeone Thu 26-Jan-17 11:37:19

Which Ikea ones? ikea deliver, is that an option?

beaveringaway Thu 26-Jan-17 11:53:24

Maybe try David Phillips, depends what area you're in as I think they're only London and Manchester but their prices inc delivery and assembly (usually within 48 hrs)

FlouncingInAWinterWonderland Thu 26-Jan-17 11:56:05

If you know the style you like have you tried ebay, gumtree and local facebook groups for the same?

Ikea stuff is good and practical, it is also generally pretty sturdy so second hand tends to be good condition.

Alakazam7 Thu 26-Jan-17 13:34:58

Good ideas, Thanks Flouncing, I will try local groups. Further North than London I'm afraid. Ikea deliver some things but not the products I want unfortunately.

Mumofazoo Thu 26-Jan-17 13:55:11

I like a lot of the furniture from Jysk.

Alakazam7 Thu 26-Jan-17 18:35:55

Thanks- never heard of them. I'll have a look tonight

VeritysWatchTower Sat 28-Jan-17 09:18:29

I am lucky enough to have an Ikea close by but why do you want a "children's" wardrobe?

My children have Ikea Pax wardrobes. They have done since birth. The hanging rail and drawers are positioned low enough for them to reach everything. Pax grows with them.

They also have Ikea desks with adjustable legs. Ds1 is now 5'4" and got his desk when he was 5!

Is there any way you can get to an Ikea? They do home delivery within a certain radius from the store. Ring them and ask how far they deliver.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now