Talk

Advanced search

One or Two windows in a bathroom

(6 Posts)
Weered1975 Wed 25-Jan-17 16:23:05

Hi,
We are in the middle of changing our bathroom. At the moment the bathroom has two quite large windows. One on the back wall which is a sash window and another style of window on the side wall. The side window is limiting us to the size of shower and sink that we can have as the toilet has to be set centred below the side window. I think that we should get rid of this window but my partner says no as he believes that you should never remove a window.
I would really appreciate your views on this subject.
I have attached a photo of the bathroom.
Thanks
Cathy

Weered1975 Wed 25-Jan-17 16:26:50

Ps. part of the side window was cut off in the photo as I couldn't get it all in. It is double the size shown.

dodgydonkeysdoodah Wed 25-Jan-17 17:38:28

I wouldn't hesitate to get rid of that window if it is stopping you doing what you want in the room. It looks like it could have been a later addition anyway. The sash window will give plenty of light in a small room.

didireallysaythat Wed 25-Jan-17 18:34:05

We have two similar to yours. We extended the shower cubicle to run past the smaller window. Love it. Window sill is somewhere to put the shampoo and you can open the window to let out the steam.. But I'm someone who likes bright roons. Could you box in the soil pipe so that the toilet doesn't have to be central ?

wowfudge Wed 25-Jan-17 20:16:32

Board over the window - you can puta mirror in it, facing outwards.

321zerobaby Wed 25-Jan-17 20:18:12

I would think that 2 windows in a bathroom would make it cold. I would happily get rid of one, keep the one that is closest to south facing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now