Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen colour

(6 Posts)
wowfudge Tue 24-Jan-17 22:57:07

Trying to find a colour to paint our new kitchen - units will be a light cream, mix of oak and dark grey granite-like composite worktops. Stainless steel appliances. Tiled splashback behind cooker very similar to Topps Attingham in Seagrass.

DP hates green of any shade I think I've got the tiles past him. Any suggestions? Looking for some warmth, but fairly neutral. It's currently bright blue; not our choice!

DorcasthePuffin Wed 25-Jan-17 14:57:02

Light or dark neutral?

wowfudge Wed 25-Jan-17 16:02:42

Hi Dorcas on the darker side I think - most of the room is light with a glass roof. Dulux Natural Hessian is a bit too light.

DorcasthePuffin Wed 25-Jan-17 23:15:08

How about Farrow & Ball Hardwick White www.farrow-ball.com/hardwick-white/colours/farrow-ball/fcp-product/100005or Worsted www.farrow-ball.com/worsted/colours/farrow-ball/fcp-product/100284or Elephant's Breathhttp://www.farrow-ball.com/hardwick-white/colours/farrow-ball/fcp-product/100005? (Or cheaper versions of grin)

WeeM Wed 25-Jan-17 23:19:29

We have Dulux Bitter Chocolate 5 in our kitchen and I really like it. We are moving house and I'm tempted to paint the new kitchen that colour too!

wowfudge Thu 26-Jan-17 05:57:58

Hmm - Dulux budget rather than F&B. Elephants Breath has too much grey it in and I'd like to avoid grey. I think the room also needs something warmer. Will look at Bitter Chocolate, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now