Talk

Advanced search

Would this light work in my living room?

(8 Posts)
m0therofdragons Sun 22-Jan-17 10:59:19

I live in a new-build style home with normal height ceilings. The livingroom is L shaped with 3 ceiling lights. We have horrible brown lamp shades (very fashionable with duck egg blue 10 ish years ago) which I now hate. Eventually we'll decorate but not for 2 years (may move instead). I love these lights:

http://www.lauraashley.com/uk/view-all/odiham-nickel-sphere-pendant-light/invt/3658542

But will they work in a livingroom or be too harsh?

Sarahsea1 Sun 22-Jan-17 16:06:08

I've just bought this light, but for a stairwell. They may be too long if you have normal ceiling height - they're also not that wide. I'll let you know what the light effect is like once it's up and running - you can change the colour of the bulb to suit, though.

m0therofdragons Sun 22-Jan-17 17:36:39

I did wonder if it can be adjusted. Dh would probably bump his head on them 😂

Sarahsea1 Sun 22-Jan-17 19:00:19

They can be adjusted but they look better with a long drop. You'd need a leccy to fit them, esp if you adjust the height. Could you not just change your lampshades for a different colour shade with a diffuser to give a more contemporary look? Then decide on lights when you decorate - if you're buying three, the cost mounts up.

m0therofdragons Sun 22-Jan-17 20:29:38

I've been talking about replacing them for about a year but can't find anything I like. Will find something eventually. Thank you

TheHarpy Sun 22-Jan-17 20:34:25

That's a hall light to my eyes -- designed for a long drop and bright, functional light, rather than anything warm or gentle. Do you actually use the overhead lights in your living room?

m0therofdragons Mon 23-Jan-17 23:34:04

Only when doing lego or puzzles etc... actually quite a bit before dc go to bed and we switch to a lamp.

Mapless Mon 30-Jan-17 23:18:11

I wouldn't. Great looking but impossible to clean. There's an uncovered large hole at the top which fills up with dust. Too small and fiddly to get anything in to properly clean the thing. Have a good look at the ones on display..Filthy! Bought two. Had to GO! Not found anything I like as much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now