Talk

Advanced search

Want a grey sofa but got beige carpets. How to make it work?

(7 Posts)
Stormsurfer Fri 20-Jan-17 08:16:44

This is for my living room. My carpets are a beige with a sort of mushroom fleck. I want teal/green/duck egg as the main colour. Could it work or do I need to either change colour choice of sofa (it is a light silvery grey) or change the carpet?

JT05 Fri 20-Jan-17 12:03:59

I have a beige carpet and a teal sofa and while waiting for an additional sofa to arrive, I've put a silver velvet chair in the room. It looks OK. I've put teal and purple cushions on the chair so it links in with the other colours in the room.

JT05 Fri 20-Jan-17 12:05:10

Grey/ silver velvet!

Stormsurfer Fri 20-Jan-17 12:24:28

Great thanks. I was just worried that the beige and grey would not work together.

CwtchMeQuick Fri 20-Jan-17 12:27:10

In my last house I had a beige carpet with a grey/mushroom sofa and teal cushions etc. It looked fine!

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 20-Jan-17 12:37:56

Some greys are more bluey and some are more beige-y/mushroom-y/taupe-y.

Look for the warmer greys. We got ours from Multi York - they were really good about lending us quite large swatches to take home with us. In fact the one I thought would go in store didn't go at all and another one did.

Stormsurfer Fri 20-Jan-17 21:22:08

Thank you all. I'll get some samples.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now