Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone bought a sofa from Made? If so what are they like?

(15 Posts)
AskBasil Fri 13-Jan-17 22:07:10

I've seen one here that I love, but at that price they can't possibly be comfortable, can they?

AskBasil Sat 14-Jan-17 10:21:03

TenThousandSpoons Sat 14-Jan-17 11:19:42

I've got one and three different friends have - all are very comfortable. Quite firm but I like that. They look great.

AskBasil Sat 14-Jan-17 12:18:40

Ooh, good. It's just they are so cheap, that it looks like it's too good to be true.

This is the one I'm looking at: jazz club sofa

It looks lovely in the picture but I'm nowhere near a showroom so can't go and sit on it and see how it looks irl

tkband3 Sat 14-Jan-17 12:40:42

I haven't got a sofa, but I have two chairs and they are really comfy, and very well made. We were looking at a sofa from them this time last year, and went to the showroom in London to test the ones we liked. We bought from somewhere else in the end, but it was just because we didn't like the colours available.

TenThousandSpoons Sat 14-Jan-17 16:38:18

Ooh, that's lovely. I didn't know they did leather sofas actually, all the ones I've seen/tried are fabric.

AskBasil Sun 15-Jan-17 13:41:21

I've ordered a swatch to see what it looks like IRL

Davros Mon 16-Jan-17 09:13:50

I see leather sofas from Made at sale price this Wednesday

mixedpeel Wed 18-Jan-17 20:24:31

Our sofa is from Made - great, v comfy, well-made, going strong but only four years in so far.

Not the same style as yours, but I think they were selling that when we were looking, so hopefully that means it's a good design.

AskBasil Thu 19-Jan-17 13:39:55

Hmm, that is a good sign, isn't it.

Obviously popular

MistressIggi Fri 20-Jan-17 09:50:45

I sat on a zillion sofas in a major store recently and lots of ones I liked the look of just weren't comfortable, my favourite was one I'd previously rejected. I would be very reluctant to buy a sofa without sitting on it first.

Mistressiggi Fri 20-Jan-17 09:52:04

(Jazz one does look lovely though)

user1477472986 Fri 20-Jan-17 15:01:57

The seating looks fairly hard and the arms a low height, I tend to sit with my legs curled up and lean on the arm of the sofa and I've found with this style its uncomfortable as there's nothing to lean against

downwardfacingdog Wed 25-Jan-17 23:50:32

We've got one and it's really poor quality. Was reasonably comfortable at first but it's nearly 3 years old now and it looks ancient. Luckily it's a traditional style one so people might think it's some kind of battered antique, but honestly the quality is so poor. The fabric faded really badly within a few months. The frame is cheap, but the main prob is the upholstery. The cushions under the covers were covered with a j-cloth material which disintegrated so that the layer of wadding got all bunched up and I had to remove it. I'm planning on cutting up an old duvet to replace it as they are now looking very sad and deflated. The cushion covers are only half covered with the the upholstery fabric so you can't turn them and they velcro onto the sofa, but still shift around so the piping is always out of line with the inner cushion.

AskBasil Thu 26-Jan-17 21:36:12

Wow, that's a bad review! But very helpful, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now