Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sharps bedrooms

(13 Posts)
Makemineacabsauv Fri 13-Jan-17 19:56:16

Been at a loss as to what to do with my bedroom and the man from Sharps is upstairs. Is this going to be horrendously expensive? I have no DIY skills whatsoever and am on my own with 2 kids so no big strong man to help lift heavy things!! Not got a huge budget so am concerned at the amount of work he is putting in measuring g and now planning!

shushmonster Fri 13-Jan-17 20:04:14

Sharps quoted us £6,000 for wardrobes ! So I took their design ideas went to Ikea and recreated it for £900. If your ok with Ikea stuff that might be an idea for you too.

KookSpook Fri 13-Jan-17 20:08:32

Ring a local joiner. We have one on our industrial.estate. They do all that, but a lot cheaper.

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Fri 13-Jan-17 20:11:28

The prices are outrageous, especially for the quality (not even real wood). Mate was quoted £6k for a standard width triple wardrobe set up. No complicated internal fixtures or whatever. Six grand. WTF?

GreenShadow Fri 13-Jan-17 20:14:58

As Kook says, go for a local independent person/business. Better quality and prob half the price.

Makemineacabsauv Sat 14-Jan-17 23:30:46

That's exactly what I will do!! Quote was £6k for a triple wardrobe and dressing table!!! That was with 50%off, £500 off plus 20% discount - hahaha!! All a big con!

PinkSwimGoggles Sat 14-Jan-17 23:36:02

ikea + lady man&van for transport and putting it up.
much cheaper and just as good.

MyCatsHateMLMtoo Sat 14-Jan-17 23:51:53

I'll never forget the farcical quotation from a Sharps salesman. We had had two others from other companies. This guy was like some wide boy quoting a massive sum initially then (seeing the look of horror pn my face) saying he'd call the boss to get a discount blah blah blah. Not impressed, told him to leave. MFI (remember them) was the best; every single detail covered, transparent pricing, super (they did our kitchen too). Ikea would probably be best, or a local recommended joiner.

Makemineacabsauv Wed 18-Jan-17 21:07:39

Yeah, think Ikea will be my best bet!!! How do they stay in business? Do people actually pay those prices?!!

Tiredandtorn Sun 22-Jan-17 19:18:43

IKEA all the way and then pay a local joiner to fit them with skirting and trim at the top. You'll save thousands x

Mcchickenbb41 Mon 23-Jan-17 20:19:28

They quoted us £16000. I laughed.

Mcchickenbb41 Mon 23-Jan-17 20:21:34

Oh and they managed to reduce that to £8000. This really pissed me of because if they said 9000 but then knocked a grand off it wouldn't have been so bad but to go in that high just to see if we'd be made enough to pay it was just insulting

LightastheBreeze Wed 25-Jan-17 18:13:20

We got our wardrobes and drawers from Harvey's They were delivered and put in place by two delivery men so no heavy lifting or putting together. It was a few years ago but I'm sure they still do this. Also M&S probably do this as well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now