Talk

Advanced search

Ordered this wallpaper

(22 Posts)
RainbowsandLemonDrops Fri 13-Jan-17 08:07:16

I've ordered this wallpaper for one room in our bedroom -www.muralswallpaper.co.uk/shop-murals/sea-trees-forest-mural-wallpaper/ and the other three walls will be white.

I don't want the room to look cold but I like an open, calm and bright feel. How would you warm the room up?

WellErrr Fri 13-Jan-17 08:15:10

I think it looks really creepy. Sorry. Many may disagree though!

thinkfast Fri 13-Jan-17 08:18:07

Sorry I'm not too keen on it either. It looks like what they have in the living rooms in centre parcs

Cakescakescakes Fri 13-Jan-17 08:19:22

I love it!

Bambambini Fri 13-Jan-17 08:20:26

I think it could be lovely though i might ho for a grrrner more sundappled foreet look. It will look cold with white in the UK. Think that look is more suited to hot countries. What's on the floor?

CrimsonKing Fri 13-Jan-17 08:21:02

Sorry not a fan either. I think trees look best outside and not reprinted poster style for indoors. Suspect it will date badly as well.

Bambambini Fri 13-Jan-17 08:21:06

Go for a greener more sun dappled forest look!

RainbowsandLemonDrops Fri 13-Jan-17 08:33:47

I did think it might feel a little cold? I love the wallpaper, it's different but I think i'm going to struggle to warm it up and make it feel homely. I have two big bay windows in my bedroom too... There's nothing on the floor at the minute, gutting the whole thing from scratch!

I was trying to recreate this look uk.pinterest.com/pin/502010689696579572/

I want the fresh, airy feel but also homely and warm! (aware that's probably a contradiction grin)

I can send it back I think or stick it on the office walls blush

Bambambini Fri 13-Jan-17 08:38:16

I think the pic looks lovely with the soft greys and pinks. If you do it right it could look gorgeous! I love trees and woodland though!

GrumpySausage Fri 13-Jan-17 08:39:08

I like it. We have tree wallpaper on one wall, drawing rather then a picture.

I'd go for warm cream accents otherwise I think it could look cold.

RainbowsandLemonDrops Fri 13-Jan-17 08:52:12

I have my heart set on this for this paper for our bedroom, I have to make it work some how! I'll do cream walls instead of white, might look a bit clinical/cold grin

I was thinking light pink and grey accessories, cream walls and a nice thick carpet.

Not very good at this decorating malarky, DP is even worse blush

Scribblegirl Fri 13-Jan-17 08:53:16

I'd go for a light, warm wood on the floor and with the furniture - sort of thinking in a Scandinavian direction?

Chickydoo Fri 13-Jan-17 08:54:48

They have it at centre parks.
Not great ...sorry....

Bambambini Fri 13-Jan-17 09:00:28

I like this look.

RainbowsandLemonDrops Fri 13-Jan-17 09:01:26

I've never been to centre parcs, if I had it would probably put me off!

I wanted carpet ideally, we had wood before and it's a big room, two bay windows and it's such a pain to warm up... It is constantly freezing, we even had new double glazed windows recently.

Warm wood furniture like bedside tables/wardrobes would work?

Bambambini Fri 13-Jan-17 09:01:44

All those pillows really help make the look but would drive me mad though!

RainbowsandLemonDrops Fri 13-Jan-17 09:03:00

bambambini thats the original photo I saw a couple of days ago!! I love it, that's how I want it!

Bambambini Fri 13-Jan-17 09:03:51

You couls do light grey walls and a light cream carpet. White walls and cream carpet isn't great. Got it and want to change. Light oak furniture would look nice i think.

cottonweary Fri 13-Jan-17 09:13:00

Love it, calming and restful.

BakingWithPreSchoolerand6YO Fri 13-Jan-17 09:15:19

Warm wooden floor with thick warm rugs, off-white or cream walls and lots of different textured throws and cushions in greys and pale pinks and it'll look lovely. Wooden furniture with Cream carpet also good.

It may not be to everyone's taste but don't let that put you off! If you live it that's all that matters. Just add loads of texture and soft tones and it'll be comfortable and airy rather than stark and cold.

BakingWithPreSchoolerand6YO Fri 13-Jan-17 09:15:50

*love it, not live it!

yomellamoHelly Fri 13-Jan-17 19:08:41

Would just shamelessly rip off everything in that picture including the copper accessories. Texture the key I think to cozying it up. It's lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now