Talk

Advanced search

Laura Ashley leather sofas?

(5 Posts)
TheMightyMing Thu 12-Jan-17 21:15:01

Has anyone had one and are they any good?

We've had our Marks and Spencer Abbey sofa for over 10 years. It's the bronco leather one and it's been fantastically hard wearing, with numerous dogs and kids jumping all over it. It's still structurally sound and actually there's not one break in the leather, it cleans up well with Pound shop leather wipes too smile

However we need to think about replacing at some time and though I am considering the same one again, I've also seen some nice ones in Laura Ashley. I'm wondering whether the quality is as good?

Kids are grown up now, but the dogs still jump, sit sleep and climb on the sofa and I think it's a bit late to ban them now.

Any other recommendations also appreciated.

ggirl Mon 16-Jan-17 22:15:11

Had a LA leather sofa but the seat cushions kept sliding off and it drove us mad ,otherwise it was gorgeous ..we ended up selling it on eBay .

Burntbum Mon 16-Jan-17 22:21:56

We bought our leather sofa from here https://www.authenticfurniture.co.uk/?gclid=CJJJ_YHZx9ECFcky0wodeLgL7w

We have their punchbag leather which is resistant to dog claws. We've only had it a couple of months but so far so good. I got some samples from them and tried my best to scratch it but couldn't! They're also made in the UK which is another plus.

BubbleButtBarbie Mon 16-Jan-17 22:26:27

We bought two leather arm chairs two years ago from Laura Ashley. They were around £3000 for the pair, they still look new and are amazing quality. I love their stuff. That said we almost never use them! They sit in a bay window.

Lesley1980 Wed 18-Jan-17 19:12:53

I'm not sure M&S sofas are the same. My brother has one from 2002 & it still looks good & structurally sound but I bought mine 4 years ago & it's rubbish. It's not the same build or quality at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now