Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Paint to go in new cloakroom

(9 Posts)
GezFox Fri 06-Jan-17 10:20:57

Hi ! I am looking for guidance on what colour to paint walls in newly fitted out downstairs cloakroom. It's only got a small window and when the light is off it's quite a dark room. I am rubbish at picking paint so any advice would be gratefully received !

smile

EightToSixer Fri 06-Jan-17 11:21:25

that looks lovely. a light duck egg or seafoam colour would go very well with the gray tiles and still be light enough in a small space.

where did you get your fittings from? I'm just starting to plan a bathroom and shower room for my extension.

NapQueen Fri 06-Jan-17 11:24:46

I'd just go for white tbh. If you had white tiles I'd say a colour but with grey and little light then go for white.

I'd accessorise with coloured towels and bathmat maybe purple or as above, duck egg.

GezFox Sat 07-Jan-17 18:08:00

Thanks !

theclick Sat 07-Jan-17 20:49:13

How about crowne sail white? It's a white with a slight hint of grey. This may also help for inspiration

GezFox Wed 11-Jan-17 14:01:26

Thanks - will take a look!

yomellamoHelly Wed 11-Jan-17 19:16:37

Think I'd go for white and add some colourful splashes with accessories to warm it up. (Boring I know!)

DorcasthePuffin Wed 11-Jan-17 22:53:13

Hmm, I think you should go dark. It's a small, dark room already - going dark will help by kind of blurring out the corners. It will also make the space more dramatic, more stylish. How about one of these:

Farrow and Ball Salon Drab: www.farrow-ball.com/salon-drab/colours/farrow-ball/fcp-product/100290

Inchrya Blue: www.farrow-ball.com/inchyra-blue/colours/farrow-ball/fcp-product/100289

Railings: www.farrow-ball.com/railings/colours/farrow-ball/fcp-product/100031

Pelt: www.farrow-ball.com/pelt/colours/farrow-ball/fcp-product/100254

Hague Blue: www.farrow-ball.com/hague-blue/colours/farrow-ball/fcp-product/100030

swillows Fri 13-Jan-17 17:52:56

I'd also definitely go dark. Painted my new windowless understairs cloakroom in Dulux Stonewashed Blue and I love it - sorry no pics. I think a small room can take a strong colour - I don't think I'd be bold enough to do it in a larger room in the house hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now