Talk

Advanced search

Would you buy a sofa

(14 Posts)
Toohardtofindaproperusername Mon 02-Jan-17 09:12:03

That didn't have washable or removable cushions? I really like it, have until tomorrow to change my mind ... Not sure if non removable cushions makes life hard. Ima. Fairly heavy user of sofas and they get washed a fair amount. I might have answered my own question but ... I really like the sofa (and it feels a bargain-50% reduced on eBay shop)
Will try upload photo

SoupDragon Mon 02-Jan-17 09:17:56

Not a chance. I have three children and a dog.

Toohardtofindaproperusername Mon 02-Jan-17 09:31:33

Hi soup dragon. I don't have kids or pets so I could be tempted.. But tbh I am heavy user - don't live in a show home type way by any stretch of the imagination, so I probably ought to start looking again really. I'm just not neat and tidy and careful enough to manage a demanding velvety sofa (boo hoo)

SoupDragon Mon 02-Jan-17 09:58:47

I looked wistfully at an unwashable teal velvet sofa with huge squishy cushions... I've just bought Ikea Stocksund sofas with washable covers instead. I do love them though!

Even before I had children things got spilt in an old unwashable sofa. It was a pain. Maybe one day I'll be grown up enough for one!

YouMeanYouForgotCranberriesToo Mon 02-Jan-17 10:15:33

Where is this lovely teal sofa soupdragon?

We have always had sofas without removeable covers, never actually considered that you could get them with removable covers.

SoupDragon Mon 02-Jan-17 10:20:33

The teal/turquoise one was at loaf.co.uk

(I've had a bed from them and their service was faultless but there was a thread about sofas recently where someone had problems.)

I went with Ikea ones in practical grey in the end.

Toohardtofindaproperusername Mon 02-Jan-17 10:26:24

Cranberryforgettersmile- how on earth do u keep anything remotely clean if u can't remove cushions and wash the, coffee, wine, dirt, etc etc... Actually the more I think about it the more convinced I am ... But I sooo loved that sofa.

namechangedtoday15 Mon 02-Jan-17 21:48:36

I wouldn't ever buy one with washable covers to be honest. They never look as nice as fixed cover sofas IMO - especially once you've removed covers and tried to put back on.

We've also got 3 children. Sofas in lounge are 8 years old I think and still look pristine (mink chenille fabric) and just got light grey for kitchen diner. Go for it!

CaptainBumpALot Mon 02-Jan-17 21:51:32

You need to buy the sofa AND a wet vac. We have fixed covers, and they just get wet vacuumed whenever they look shabby, works perfectly.

Toohardtofindaproperusername Mon 02-Jan-17 22:24:50

Oh god- I've got a Dyson, now pondering a cordless, amd need to throw wet vac into equation? Right, better get working as deadline tomorrow to sort this out. Name change today- I'm on my own but really heavy user of " stuff"- am constantly wasting covers on current sofa. How do u manage with 3kids? What do u use to maintain or are your children particularly well behaved? wink the sofa is velvet to boot, which I think is not very hard wearing. Decisions decisions.

YouMeanYouForgotCranberriesToo Tue 03-Jan-17 20:37:49

Cranberryforgettersmile- how on earth do u keep anything remotely clean if u can't remove cushions and wash the, coffee, wine, dirt, etc etc...

I think it's because all of our spills go on the carpet not the sofa somehow

starsinyourpies Tue 03-Jan-17 20:42:24

I have fixed cover ones and just accept that I get someone in to clean them once or twice a year. Was less frequent before kids!

gluteustothemaximus Tue 03-Jan-17 20:50:57

Our sofa covers aren't removable or washable, we just have a lovely throw. Is that an option?

Toohardtofindaproperusername Wed 04-Jan-17 16:02:44

Thanks all. Ended up cancelling as got ill and had some bad news so couldn't think straight- sofa seemed one more thing to stress about , silly as it seems. thanks for comments though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now