Talk

Advanced search

Poppers for duvet

(13 Posts)
redjellybean Tue 27-Dec-16 22:15:29

My lovely expensive duvet has gradually lost more and more poppers angry where can I buy replacement / fix them on?!

hugoagogo Tue 27-Dec-16 22:17:59

I take it you don't want ordinary sew on ones?
Because you can buy them in supermarkets/ corner shops and haberdashers?

redjellybean Tue 27-Dec-16 22:26:30

I don't know..they don't looked sewed on. I'm not really sure how they have been put on- glued? But I could just but some and sew on though

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Tue 27-Dec-16 22:28:07

I think you can buy strips with them on at Abakhan, if there's one near you. Or they might do mail order.

PenguinsandPebbles Tue 27-Dec-16 22:33:36

You can buy a kit on Amazon, I use one when making baby clothes.

The one I have is a seawhisper, it's about £15 for the machine and snaps (loads of snaps) no sewing required and will be the same as what on there before, I hate the ones with the holes you sew on they don't look very nice.

If they tend to come off for you just pop a bit of fabric glue underneath.

If you know someone who sews or is a bit crafty they may have one you can borrow, it's very easy to do.

redjellybean Tue 27-Dec-16 22:33:55

Thanm you. I've just looked on ebay and can buy sew on ones. These ones are just glued on I think and are rubbish; about 1/2 have fallen off!

PenguinsandPebbles Tue 27-Dec-16 22:34:49

They look like drawing pins before you put them on, they pierce through the fabric and the machine clamps them together - just in case anyone was wondering smile

Put in snap fastners and machine or seawhisper snap in Amazon and your find them!

PinkSwimGoggles Tue 27-Dec-16 22:35:21

www.amazon.co.uk/Metal-Sewing-Buttons-Fastener-Popper/dp/B00CEP8AK6
no sew press on fasteners?

PenguinsandPebbles Tue 27-Dec-16 22:36:03

You would need a snap machine with that pink.

kshaw Tue 27-Dec-16 22:36:23

Buy some KAM snaps and pliers - about £13 on Amazon for a multitude of colours!

marywinchester Tue 27-Dec-16 22:40:18

You can buy some poppers (they are called snaps on the packet from the brand hemline) in a pack that have claws on them and I think they come with a fixing tool. You push the claws through the fabric and use the tool to bend them so they're fixed in place. Or poppa tape, its poppers that look glued onto a length of tape and you sew that on.

LockedOutOfMN Tue 27-Dec-16 22:41:54

I sew them on; bought them from Carrefour. In U.K. they sell them in John Lewis haberdashery.

Aftershock15 Tue 27-Dec-16 22:47:28

KAM snaps are definitely what you need. They actually seem to do what they are supposed to as don't come off unlike some others I've tried before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now