Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy a suitable dining table?

(3 Posts)
c00k1e Mon 26-Dec-16 18:29:00

Hi guys,

Hope someone can give some decent recommendations or am I expecting too much? I want a new dining table, our old one is ancient, is falling apart and certain chairs collapse, so we don't use them :|

My requirements are
- budget up to £1000 max, ideally lower
- resilient with 3 primary aged kids
_ Not oval, needs to rectangular.
- extendable, should normally sit 4 easily and extend to sit 6.
- Extensions should be something connected and just need to be slid out or similar for a bigger table
- easy to maintain and can clean with normal table cleaners (doesn't need any special wax etc)
- contemporary design, don't want anything traditional looking or painted

We saw the one (hopefully) attached, and liked it, but i noticed they need quite alot of maintaining, and I literally need something that I just need to wipe down nothing more.

Any help would be much appreciated as I have been looking for a couple of months and nothing fits the bill.

U

BikeRunSki Mon 26-Dec-16 18:36:48

Get that one a a good table Perez it and pvc table cloth.

Lesley1980 Tue 27-Dec-16 19:32:50

I have one similar to the one in your picture. It extends to seat 10 using a bit of wood that stores on a hidden shelf under the table & I bought 6 chairs which are heavy & well made. I got it from oak furniture solutions & I also got cash back using Quidco cash back site. I can't remember the cost but including a large matching sideboard it was just over £1000. The same set was in another furniture store for a lot more. Other than wiping away crumbs & seats when the kids spill stuff there isn't any maintenance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now