Talk

Advanced search

anyone got a John Lewis sofa - what fabric?

(3 Posts)
CrotchetQuaverMinim Sun 11-Dec-16 21:50:46

Do you have one of the John Lewis sofas where you choose your own fabric?

anyone have the Bala Sable or Quinn Sable? I can't tell from the swatch what it would look like on a whole sofa, and they never have anything made up in those colours. I wanted something dark, closer to grey/black, and I wonder if those are too brown. Or that they texture isn't right for the sofa. So if anyone had one made up in one of those - or a similar fabric from there in one of the other colours/price bands - you could tell me how it looks/take a photo?

Also has anyone got one of the small sofas? They vary in size. The smallest ones look really too small for two people who aren't a couple! But some of the small ones that have narrow arms seem to have a bit more room in the seating area, and maybe that would be OK. There isn't much room for a sofa and there's a lot of other furniture that needs a place, so I'm not sure there's room for a medium one. But I don't want to get one that's TOO small to be usable/comfortable.

OP’s posts: |
Boiing Mon 12-Dec-16 11:56:57

Nope but do have a look at multiyork first, we got ours there for the same price as my friends john lewis one, and a year on her fabric is covered with bobbles but ours looks as new...

CrotchetQuaverMinim Mon 12-Dec-16 13:35:51

oh thanks for the recommendation. Will look there too. Was having trouble finding many places that did the small sized ones.

Which JL fabric did you choose? there are so many, in so many price categories, and such different textures! It's really hard when you can't see it made up.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in