Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom decoration

(7 Posts)
Gardenbirdy Mon 21-Nov-16 07:07:52

We've just moved into a house with a modern green and white bathroom which is lovely, but a bit sterile. I'd like to soften it by hanging something on the wall (a picture / wooden heart or something) but as it's a bathroom it obviously gets steamy when someone is showering so I'm not sure about colours running etc. What do other people do? I'm at a bit of a loss.

Gardenbirdy Tue 22-Nov-16 14:54:59

Anyone??

Unsurechicken Tue 22-Nov-16 14:58:08

You need a theme! Ie what colours are your towels? Your soap and tooth brush holders?

Gardenbirdy Tue 22-Nov-16 15:56:16

Well, it's purple (lavender) and green. I'd like a picture on the wall but wondered if the steam would make the colours run?

CoryDunford Sat 26-Nov-16 11:57:07

Towels cam add warmth to a bathroom. Allows you to mix things up easily when you get bored!

Also think about accessories like toothbrush holders to add a bit more colour to your bathroom.

cakesandphotos Sun 27-Nov-16 07:42:58

Surely a picture won't run if it's in a glass frame? Alternatively, get a posh poster and frame it. We got a poster of a vintage opticians letter board thing in papercase for £3. I plan to frame that for the bathroom smile

loveisagirlnameddaisy Sun 27-Nov-16 07:51:53

Pinterest is a good place to look. Put up some shelving and add baskets , potted plants and folded towels. Like a luxury hotel. A few candles and framed posters or paintings on the wall. Try not to have too much everyday stuff out and about, that's when bathrooms look messy.

You could also have a piece of free standing furniture if there's rooms. We've got a three drawer set from the Cotswold company; its ivory wood with rattan baskets/drawers and it's great for holding unopened toothpaste etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now