Talk

Advanced search

asap. thoughts please! net/voile curtain instead of door?

(8 Posts)
justonesherryformedicinalpurpo Sat 19-Nov-16 17:39:12

DP and I are in disagreement.

We live in a two bed flat. The hallway leads onto the living area, two bedrooms, bathroom and 3 cupboards so that's 7 doors in total.

One of the cupboards is rather large. The width of a doorway but long. We're going to put up some pretty paper and have it as an extra space for toys and generally more floor space for playing.

I feel it would be nice with a pretty net curtain pulled back at the sides so DD can come and go as she pleases. Plus as there are a lot of doors I think it might break it up a little and create a little more light and space.

DP on the other hand would prefer to keep the door and feels all doors should be kept closed when not in use. However he would happily keep this door open all day long and then shut it at bed time.

Please note when this door is open it blocks my bedroom doorway and prevents light from my room hitting the hallway. There are no windows in hallway.

Thoughts pleased on what you think looks nicer and is more ideal. The outcome of this post would decide it's fate!

I personally don't think DP has "the vision"!

Thanks all!

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Sat 19-Nov-16 17:53:31

I agree with you smile

I might continue the theme and drape the same fabric on the walls and ceiling in the cupboard to make it feel like a tent.

justonesherryformedicinalpurpo Sat 19-Nov-16 17:58:00

1-0 to me!

Very interesting idea but if I win this I highly doubt he'll let me continue it into the actual cupboard sad

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Sat 19-Nov-16 18:33:26

Oh well, I'll give a you a little bump anyway.

GreenAndWinter Sat 19-Nov-16 18:36:52

Completely agree with you. Toys should be easily accessible, and it sounds like the existing door is very much in your way.

HerRoyalNotness Sat 19-Nov-16 18:41:16

I agree with you. I'd just do it.

echt Mon 21-Nov-16 05:15:17

Buy a noren. Get a real Japanese one if you can. I have them in the doorways of my kitchen, which is where you'd see them in Japan, outside a food shop/cafe/restaurant.

www.amazon.co.uk/Great-Wave-Noren-Japanese-curtain/dp/B003R7LSQ8

justonesherryformedicinalpurpo Mon 21-Nov-16 08:46:42

Interesting idea echt although last night I won and the curtains have been ordered! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now