Talk

Advanced search

Help! Storage Issues

(2 Posts)
sophkc91 Thu 17-Nov-16 19:00:01

Hi!
I was wondering if anyone could help me?
We are expecting our first in May, and we have begun trying to decide / buy some of the larger items to help spread the cost.
We have a spare room which we will be using for the nursery, however we are aware that we will need to keep stuff downstairs too.
We are trying to decide on a storage unit for the living room.
How much would you say was needed / used?
I was thinking that I didn't want to get something too tall, because it'll make the room look very dark and enclosed, and because when the baby gets older, I thought if it was too tall, they wouldn't be able to get their stuff without our help. I was thinking something a bit like these:
www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/storage-furniture/tv-media-benches/best%C3%A5-tv-bench-oak-effect-art-50294509/
We can add doors and shelves, so it would be hidden. There is also one a little higher, that I don't mind either.

My OH thinks we need something much taller, ie 2 meters tall. I think he thinks this because another couple we know who had a baby a couple of years ago had a HUGE unit in their living room, however I keep saying they had a room for this to be in the 'second half' of their living room, so it was a bit like a playroom, and their nursery was very small. (The cot filled the whole room).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

bookbook Thu 17-Nov-16 23:01:55

My daughter has found the Ikea Trofast very good - a lot of versatility in the range .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now