Talk

Advanced search

I'm so bored of Greige.

(18 Posts)
MakeItStopNeville Tue 15-Nov-16 18:33:36

So, pretty much my whole house is painted in various shades of greige. I used to love it but, just lately, I've found it kind of boring. I recently painted DC's room navy blue and I absolutely love that but there's no way I would want it over the whole house. I also like the idea of having everything white and then I remember I've got a number of kids and dogs, so....

To all the other "Totally Over Greige-ers" out there, what colours are you painting your home?

LauraPalmersBodybag Tue 15-Nov-16 18:38:27

Pink - Farrow & Ball Calamine - very close to Pantones colour of the year and sits well with grey, black and looks really nice with greenery from houseplants. Setting Plaster is another really nice shade from F&B and is clean and contemporary.

MakeItStopNeville Tue 15-Nov-16 18:47:00

Funnily enough, I painted over F&B Calamine with the navy blue!

MakeItStopNeville Tue 15-Nov-16 18:47:04

Funnily enough, I painted over F&B Calamine with the navy blue!

IamNotDarling Tue 15-Nov-16 18:50:43

I have calamine - it's not too pink. Parma grey is more blue and skylight is lovely.

Thinking of farrow's cream to brighten up my living room.

AmateurDeLaVie Tue 15-Nov-16 18:52:12

Teresa Green is a beautiful blue-green colour in my daughter's room. Now choosing a colour for another daughter's bedroom - she wants Blue Ground which is almost Tiffany box blue, i am leaning towards Borrowed Light for a more gustavian airy look.

AmateurDeLaVie Tue 15-Nov-16 18:54:09

also, inherited a yellow sitting room when we bought the house (either farrow cream or dorset cream) and am loving it!

AndShesGone Tue 15-Nov-16 19:09:09

When I move I'm having loads of patterned wallpaper. Also sick of greige.

One room (main living room) is going to be navy and copper wallpaper

And I'm having Timorous Beasties Thistle wallpaper in the loo

And a giant map mural in the kitchen

I'm over grey, over white, over cream, over all pale colours. Just totally sick of looking like I live in a safe interior magazine.

PhilODox Tue 15-Nov-16 19:10:57

I love Navy blue. And Stiffkey Blue. And Dining Room Blue. And Hague Blue.
Erm blush

nancy75 Tue 15-Nov-16 19:14:27

Show me navy & copper wallpaper, it sounds great!

OnePlanOnHouzz Tue 15-Nov-16 19:14:32

Blue ( just starting to be followed by green !) seem to be overtaking grey requests in my line of work !

And copper or brass cabinet fittings too !!

SimplyNigella Tue 15-Nov-16 19:17:48

Hague Blue, Incardine, Railings and Down Pipe. I am taking inspiration from Abigail Ahern and I love it.

PhilODox Tue 15-Nov-16 19:18:50

DD is desperate for arsenic in her room! We have said no, her alternative suggestion was crown's Tibetan gold!

AndShesGone Tue 15-Nov-16 19:23:48

It's Empress by Matthew Williamson

nancy75 Tue 15-Nov-16 19:30:30

Lovely wallpaper, I didn't know Matthew Williamson did wallpaper I need to see moresmile

Costacoffeeplease Tue 15-Nov-16 19:31:05

I really don't get the fascination with grey, so drab and cold looking

AndShesGone Tue 15-Nov-16 19:42:31

It's even better in the flesh. It's definitely copper and not gold looking - each bit is very sparkly but not raised glitter so it looks cheap.

MakeItStopNeville Tue 15-Nov-16 23:29:06

"Just totally sick of looking like I live in a safe interior magazine"

This! But then the idea of your very lovely wallpaper freaks me out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now