Talk

Advanced search

Floor lamps suitable for toddler room?

(10 Posts)
SpotTheDuck Tue 15-Nov-16 14:20:57

We're looking for floor lamps that our toddler won't be able to pull over (or at least that won't break or hurt him if he manages it!).

Any suggestions?

His new room doesn't have any ceiling lights, so we need proper lamps not just night lights.

LBOCS2 Tue 15-Nov-16 14:36:08

Why not go with the sorts that can screw to the wall? Still plug operated but more like wall lights than lamps. Ikea do a good range.

Mol1628 Tue 15-Nov-16 14:45:01

Ikea wall lights definitely. I wouldn't put a free standing floor lamp in a toddlers room, assuming they will be playing in there etc.

SpotTheDuck Tue 15-Nov-16 14:54:26

Ah I hadn't thought of plug operated wall lights, thank you both. And you're right I'm very uneasy about a floor lamp in there at all - he'll (hopefully) be sleeping in there alone but often gets up and fidgets around for a while so the room needs to be safe when unsupervisedz

SheepyFun Tue 15-Nov-16 15:08:29

We have a side light on the floor in DD's room. It's pretty much indestructable (we've all tried!), but get's much hotter than I realised - one day I (accidentally) put the duvet on top of it (I wasn't at my most alert that morning), and it burnt a hole right through it. I'm very grateful we found it in time, but something to bear in mind if you have low level lights. It takes an unusual halogen bulb; LED bulbs may be cooler.

SpotTheDuck Tue 15-Nov-16 15:16:54

That hadn't occurred to me either! Yes good point re LEDs, they're usually cool to the touch

Mol1628 Wed 16-Nov-16 15:44:10

All ikea children's lighting has protectors over the bulbs as well, they're awesome.

SpotTheDuck Wed 16-Nov-16 19:02:52

Thanks everybody, we've ordered some cool ikea wall lights

Mol1628 Thu 17-Nov-16 07:38:32

Can't go wrong with ikea. (I don't work for them. Just love it!)

SpotTheDuck Thu 17-Nov-16 08:14:41

Hah yes me too, new house is going to look like an IKEA catalogue smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now