Does anyone have a banquette in their kitchen or dining room?

(4 Posts)
mckenzie Fri 11-Nov-16 08:12:21

any regrets? Any tips? Do you have storage underneath?
TIA

Puffedsleevedress Mon 14-Nov-16 16:43:29

I have a large window seat in a bay window and I love it. It's extremely practical as I have cupboards underneath and they fit a huge amount in - ideal for when people pop round and I have to quickly shove my mess away before I go to the door! I have proper upholstery cushions on the seat and this makes a huge difference as they are extremely comfy - the cheap ones you get from places like Dunelm are fine, but just not as comfortable (they always give me a sore bum despite my significant padding confused). However, they were expensive and I bought the fabric on EBay to try and keep the cost down. What are you thinking of doing/having?

MigsSlippers Tue 15-Nov-16 08:00:18

Yes, we have an L shaped one. Table is 120 x 70 (small kitchen table) and we've had 9 people eat round it, albeit some of them were very small. Love it because without it, our kitchen would be too small for a 4 seater table.

Definitely have storage underneath. It is worth fitting flooring all the way underneath. The thing I hate about it is how difficult it is to get in and out of the seats round the table legs. Get a pedestal table, and if the seating is L shaped keep the table lightweight so it can be easily adjusted. Remember to allow space for people to get in and out - for us this means the bench being longer than the table.

Portobelly Tue 15-Nov-16 08:06:14

I created an upholstered bench for a client, using ikea metod drawers and and a fully upholstered top and back. They us this with a metal legged Formica topped table and additional chairs as their main dining space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now