Talk

Advanced search

Is this too many accent colours in a room

(7 Posts)
AndShesGone Wed 09-Nov-16 16:08:50

It's Navy and white wallpaper, white cupboards, white shutters. Big Navy sofa.

Copper as the accent. Copper tables, copper side lights, copper inside the navy lampshades, small copper accessories.

And here's where I run into difficulty. Sofa cushions. I want RED as a further accent colour as velvet cushions.

Is that too much?

I don't think I want (even if I could find them) copper and navy cushions. I definitely don't want more Navy/white cushions.

atticusclaw2 Wed 09-Nov-16 16:10:56

No I think that's fine. Navy and white are your neutrals. The red and coper are your accents (although you might find it looks a bit nautical with navy white and red - mustard might be more up to date).

PragmaticWench Wed 09-Nov-16 16:15:50

I think it's okay to have that many, but I wouldn't go for red. Perhaps a teal green colour? Or mustard as suggested above.

AndShesGone Wed 09-Nov-16 16:23:43

Ok I was going to go for two red cushions and one mustard/gold

But I was worried the gold would clash with the copper hmm so was just thinking the red. Would the gold be a problem with the copper?

And I have a big red tin captains box as a coffee table I was thinking of using

Mysterycat23 Wed 09-Nov-16 16:32:42

Don't think white counts as a colour unless you've gone for white as an accent iyswim. We have white walls everywhere it's more a neutral backdrop than a colour. If you had dark walls then white could be an accent. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you have navy and copper so far, you have space for another accent smile how about pale grey cushions? Or using texture? E.g. pale grey sheepskin fluffy cushions?

FrickOnAStick Wed 09-Nov-16 16:33:37

I think the copper will clash with the gold/mustard. I don't think they make a great combo.

0phelia Wed 09-Nov-16 16:35:29

Yeah just go with the red. Sounds great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now