Talk

Advanced search

Matching sofas or 2 different sofas

(6 Posts)
inmyshoos Wed 02-Nov-16 15:47:28

We have just extended and have a lovely new lounge to decorate and furnish. I already have a few bits from old lounge but I want a new sofa.
I can't decide what looks better - 2 matching sofas a 2 seater and a 3 seater- same material/colour/shape
Or 2 different sofas that look good together. And well how does one achieve this?! I do fancy mismatched sofas because i dont really like all matching stuff generally.
Should 2 different sofas be different colours to make it work?
I have seen 2 i like but not sure they will look good together. Will try and add photos. The ikea one (darker grey) also comes in a lovely teal blue that i like too.
Any one got an eye for these things can offer suggestions?

thingsthatgoflumpinthenight Wed 02-Nov-16 15:50:38

I like the look of two different sofas, I don't really like the 'matchy' look.

I think the two you've picked would go well together. I have two that don't match, and I bring them together with cushions & throws in the same colours (as in same as each other, not same as the sofas).

thingsthatgoflumpinthenight Wed 02-Nov-16 15:53:41

Btw the grey or the teal blue would both be fine, but personally I would choose they grey as then you have two neutral sofas that you can then add to with any colour you fancy for throws & cushions. I have warm shades on mine in the Autumn/Winter (currently burnt orange) and then in the Spring I switch them for blues & greens).

inmyshoos Wed 02-Nov-16 15:59:20

Thanks thingsthatgoflump i like the idea of different throws for different times of year!

Tubbyinthehottub Wed 02-Nov-16 16:08:23

Two different. I have two bright sofas in my otherwise grey and very neutral but beautiful kitchen and it looks fab.

VitaPuffin Wed 02-Nov-16 19:57:12

I checked out that Ikea sofa (Stocksund) on Sunday - really comfortable and looks fab. The teal colour is lovely (so is the light red) and it's in more of a chenille fabric whereas the dark grey is a smoother herringbone fabric.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now