Navy blue for understairs loo?

(8 Posts)
Endoftheroad16 Sun 16-Oct-16 12:16:46

I fancy something dramatic for my small windowless understairs toilet.
It's currently all white and looks a bit grubby and public toilet like.

I'm thinking a navy blue but would it be too gloomy? It would only be two walls as the rest is wooden panelling that will remain white.

bouncydog Sun 16-Oct-16 16:16:30

Ours has black tiled floor, black marble effect tiles up to waist height, a black silver and white dado rail tile and white marble effect tiles above. Everyone who uses it remarks on how good it looks!

swillows Mon 17-Oct-16 18:02:13

We have just done exactly that although we went for a denim blue (I'll try and remember the shade). We have a white suite, white lino with black squiggles and put white tiles for the splashback and a cheap white circular mirror from Ikea above that. It looks fab! We wanted the colour to match up with a print we were putting in there. Painted the ceiling the same colour as well. No window like yours.

swillows Mon 17-Oct-16 18:05:27

Colour is Stonewashed Blue from the Dulux Kitchen range.

Endoftheroad16 Mon 17-Oct-16 20:57:17

Thanks.

JoJoSM2 Thu 20-Oct-16 18:14:52

I wouldn't leave it half white. Just for it and paint throughout for max impact.

BikeRunSki Thu 20-Oct-16 18:19:43

Ours is dark grey, with a white ceiling (slopey bit under stairs) and a big mirror. Not at all gloomy.

Endoftheroad16 Thu 20-Oct-16 18:23:39

I can't paint the wood panelling as it continues up and over the ceiling. No idea why! But I think a dark ceiling and walls would be a bit too much.

I'm thinking of going with Dulux Breton Blue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now