Laminate flooring

(4 Posts)
jwww Wed 28-Sep-16 12:49:46

Hiya,
We've just bought our first house and the first thing we want to do is change to flooring from carpet to laminate.
Where is the best place to get a dark wood look laminate from? We was looking at ikea but they seem to have discontinued their flooring!

If anyone has any suggestions as to where get it from (cheap as possible as now we have the mortgage to pay the rest of the house to do up and our first baby due March)

Planning on painting the walls white with maybe one wall with a white and silver stripped wall paper but open to idea on that!

Rupster Thu 29-Sep-16 10:51:37

I fitted this rustic oak laminate in a bedroom two years ago:

www.diy.com/departments/colours-self-adhesive-brown-rustic-oak-effect-vinyl-plank-097-m-pack/863637_BQ.prd?ecamp=Seapla&ppc_type=shopping&ds_kids=92700014019562901&gclid=CjwKEAjw97K_BRCwmNTK26iM-hMSJABrkNtbcNfeBZRtIdOrRp_uzo6ngg3s-jxuMd99yAJuPBSDURoCD1_w_wcB&dclid=CLCMt7CmtM8CFWRb2wodhkwAkQ

It looks really good and is still in great condition :-)

HanLouRich Fri 04-Nov-16 15:27:59

Hiya,

We've recently had our living room fitted out in this one from Woodpecker Flooring: woodpeckerflooring.co.uk/product/wembury-double-smoked/

Not the cheapest but we didn't want to compromise too much on quality. Most of our visitors think it's real wood so that's a plus!

DearMrDilkington Fri 04-Nov-16 15:30:49

You don't want to go too cheap for laminate flooring. Some of the cheap ones will gradually lift up from being washed over a certain amount of time.

I'd recommend using a steam cleaner to wash them when it's done too. Mine never comes up well when I use a mop and bucket and takes ages to dry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now