Talk

Advanced search

Wwyd to this room?

(9 Posts)
LittleBee23 Mon 26-Sep-16 22:26:52

We moved into our new house last Christmas and did our bedroom in a rush as it was awful when we moved it. I let hubby talk me into the wallpaper and walls which I liked at the time but it's like fifty shades of beige in our bedroom now.

The furniture is new so won't be replacing that or doing the walls
but we are getting a new bed in a few weeks so I'm trying to decide on a statement headboard and thinking of going lighter and quite tall.
I need new curtains and bedding and wall decor - was potential thinking of bronzes and gold to add some texture and pattern and depth. Maybe a slight Moroccan theme with wall art or maybe some burnt orange to the sort furnishings?

Anyone any ideas? As I said, not replacing furniture or doing any painting or papering but any ideas on soft furnishings to give the room a bit of life?

m0therofdragons Mon 26-Sep-16 22:28:44

Teal curtains and white bedding with teal pattern? Or find a picture/painting you like to hang above the bed and match curtains and bedding to that.

NoCapes Mon 26-Sep-16 22:29:08

New bedding definitely
Rug at the bottom of the bed
I'd do 3 pictures above the bed, nice ones of you and DH perhaps?
Bedside lamps

Autumnchill Mon 26-Sep-16 22:32:51

Bedside lamps and pictures above bed would lift it immediately. Is there room at the foot of the bed for a bench or ottoman?

twocultures Mon 26-Sep-16 22:36:22

Don't know if you've decided on your headboard yet but my friend just moved into a new house and decided to base the bedroom around the bed, sounded like a strange concept but she went for one of these designer beds from a little independent shop and the room looks magical!
Just thought of that for your room as ATM it can still be a bit of a blank canvas.
Off to try and find link to the bed website!

pennygoodlife Mon 26-Sep-16 22:37:08

It definitely needs brightening up, white bedding, coloured throw, picture(s) above bed, bedside lamps, new, larger bed head, rug etc etc

twocultures Mon 26-Sep-16 22:40:11

Found it! http://junamoon.co.uk/
Depends how much you want to spend but I'm currently dreaming about one of these bad boys blush

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Mon 26-Sep-16 23:18:53

Example Photo

I'd go for fretwork or old doors for a statement headboard, probably painted off white and distressed. If you can't find something reclaimed then look here www.jali.co.uk/products/fretwork-panels/fretwork-panels.cfm

Lots of cushions for the bed and a rug with burnt orange and rust shades and full length curtains, very full for width with jewelled tassle tie backs. I'd also look for some large bedside lamps.

LittleBee23 Tue 27-Sep-16 12:35:09

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm thinking these lamps for bedside
www.next.co.uk/g531182s5#404236

I haven't found curtains I like yet but still on the hunt. Not sure whether to go light or dark with the curtains.

I'd love an ottoman but not sure it would fit well as we're getting a king sized bed. The bed is already ordered so it's just the headboard I need to go for now. I want a fabric one - possibly crushed velvet - but was thinking I probably would need to go lighter to contrast the wall.

Possibly something like this?

www.google.co.uk/search?q=headboard+crushed+velvet&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjp7cWAuq_PAhXOJSwKHeTaDJAQ_AUICCgC&biw=320&bih=460&dpr=2#imgrc=U_DLhl6o9s0xEM%3A

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now