Talk

Advanced search

WWYD re the lounge

(3 Posts)
mckenzie Mon 26-Sep-16 07:39:26

We were partially open plan at the back of the house (with just part of a wall between lounge and kitchen/diner) but have now filled in the gap at one end and are putting doors at the other to create a lounge area and separate kitchen diner.

In the lounge we are moving the tv to a different wall and moving the large L shaped sofa so that when sitting on it you can either watch tv or look out into the garden. We are laying a wooden floor and plan on having a large rug in front of the sofa area with a coffee table of some sort for drinks etc.
With me so far?

The plan is to have a power point in the floor for a lamp at the side of the sofa and DH wants now to make (or rather have made by the chippy) the coffee table with power in it and so have it fitted to the floor.
Therefore instead of having a whole wooden floor with a rug on top he wants to leave a space in the wooden floor and fit a piece of carpet with the coffee table.

Am I explaining that OK?

I'm not comfortable with that much restriction to any future layout of the room.
DH says that with the TV positioned on the wall where it is, this will be the only layout that will work.
We are falling out over it big time (DH has actually just thrown all his toys out of his plan because I've been negative about his plan).

Your thoughts please?

mckenzie Mon 26-Sep-16 13:00:20

bump

FannyAnne01 Mon 26-Sep-16 13:07:14

I would hate the restrictions that would come with that, what if you got new sofas that weren't L shaped coner but 3 seater and 2 seater or 3 seater and 2 arm chairs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now