Extra long high beds. Do they exist?

(11 Posts)
LittleHoHum Tue 13-Sep-16 14:13:39

My tall teenage ds is in a tiny bedroom but is growing too big for his teen bed.

Ideally we need a raised bed so that he can store his clothes in drawers underneath.

Any ideas? Am I asking for the impossible?

dementedpixie Tue 13-Sep-16 17:00:28

What size is the current bed ? Is it a single bed size or is it smaller?

LittleHoHum Tue 13-Sep-16 18:04:23

It is one of those single raised mid sleepers - normal single size. Has been big enough until now but the raised ends mean that he has to scrunch round now.

Is there such a thing as a longer raised bed?

RandomMess Tue 13-Sep-16 18:05:58

You can get them made to order from dorset pine although I wonder if the Ikea ones are longer than standard?

RandomMess Tue 13-Sep-16 18:06:41

www.pinebed.co.uk/

OneEpisode Tue 13-Sep-16 18:08:00

The bed you have now, if it's wood, might be alterable?

RapidlyOscillating Tue 13-Sep-16 18:08:36

There's also a company that does metal custom ones, if you google custom metal loft bed uk, it'll come up. The custom mattress might be the expensive/ hard to find!

dementedpixie Tue 13-Sep-16 18:09:41

I think you can get double bed sized but not a longer single bed sized

LittleHoHum Tue 13-Sep-16 18:38:26

I'll take a look at those suggestions. Thank you very much & any other ideas very welcome.

I had toyed with the idea of sawing off the end panel and cutting a hole in the adjoining wardrobe, then fitting a little box with a tiny mattress to rest his feet upon. grin Or possibly his head for bespoke blackout.

OneEpisode Tue 13-Sep-16 18:40:39

I'm sure he'd sleep well with the extra sound proofing of the wardrobe...good luck..

LittleHoHum Tue 13-Sep-16 19:33:27

Aha. I think you mean this metal bed company.

www.madetomeasurebeds.co.uk/

Looks great. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now