Talk

Advanced search

Bedroom furniture

(4 Posts)
backonthewagon Fri 09-Sep-16 20:30:58

We are in the process of buying a house and picking bedroom furniture for it. This is the house

We want solid oak furniture with no veneers for longevity.

We have found one company that does bedroom sets that are very good value and they also do a good interest free finance package.

However there is only this range that I really love. I say get the same range for each bedroom except for the tiny box room which will just have a desk, chair and shelving unit in. DP thinks that it will look silly to have things from the same range in the 3 bedrooms and it will be a bit Butlins/Travelodge-esque.

Opinions please smile

MoonlightandMusic Fri 09-Sep-16 23:16:04

Congratulations on the house. grin

Have to say I agree with your DP - I wouldn't get the same for all of the bedrooms - certainly I'd go with complementary styles, but not an exact match. Also, unless you're in urgent need of everything from the off, I'd be inclined to live in it for six months and see how you feel then in terms of what suits furniture-wise.

backonthewagon Sat 10-Sep-16 18:03:01

We have 2 bedrooms on one floor and 1 bedroom in the loft. Would 2 rooms with the same range be ok (either the 2 on the same floor, or 1 of those rooms and the 1 in the loft) or would 3 totally different ranges look better?

MoonlightandMusic Sat 10-Sep-16 22:16:40

I'd go for three different but, you could mix and match? So, find two or three ranges you like and use selected pieces from each in all three rooms - wouldn't look too 'matchy' then but you'd still have cohesion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now