Dulux timeless vs farrow and ball pointing

(9 Posts)
Holymolymay Wed 07-Sep-16 15:05:10

Our kitchen is currently F and B pointing. It needs repainting and looking at the charts timeless looks the same colour.
Any opinions on this??

NattyGolfJerkin Wed 07-Sep-16 15:08:10

'Timeless' is just the new name for magnolia, isn't it? I think 'pointing' is less warm undertoned than timeless, iirc.

Holymolymay Wed 07-Sep-16 17:38:12

Really? I imagine timeless as an off white rather than having peachy magnolia tones? Maybe I am wrong though.

Pitapotamus Wed 07-Sep-16 17:41:51

Timeless didn't come out magnolia when I used it, it was an off white as you describe. I don't know how it compares to f&b pointing, maybe get a test pot and see if it is similar because it will be loads cheaper!

Koala2 Wed 07-Sep-16 20:26:57

I have recently colour matched Pointing in Dulux and it is nothing like timeless.

Holymolymay Wed 07-Sep-16 21:33:17

Is pointing more creamy? I need a cheaper alternative.

Koala2 Thu 08-Sep-16 07:28:37

Yes Pointing is creamy. Why not colour match it, to make it more affordable.

LozzaChops Thu 08-Sep-16 07:54:33

Very good friend is a builder who does his best to talk clients out of F&B and into Leyland colour matching! F&B lasts 5 minutes once it's up, costs more to purchase and is harder to work with (taking longer and costing you more). I've always followed his advice on that and found the colour matching ("Pale Powder") to be spot on and the finish/durability excellent.

Holymolymay Thu 08-Sep-16 13:14:41

Yes colour matching an option. Maybe will get a timeless tester pot as seems quite a popular choice as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now