What floor tiles with metro tiles in small bathroom?

(7 Posts)
BallerinaBecky Sat 03-Sep-16 22:08:58

I'm after (finally) finding some tiles I like for a small cloakroom. I plan to tile the walls with metro tiles up to the the sink splashback and am undecided whether to paint above it or tile all the way to the ceiling. The room is an awkward shape (under the stairs) so the ceiling is low. I don't want too much going on but I don't want it to look unfinished either.

The other dilemma is what floor tiles to put down. Ideally I'd like wood but I have messy children who will drip on the floor so I'd prefer tiles. I'd love black and white chequered tiles but I feel this would be too much.

I'd love to hear your thoughts?

ExConstance Tue 06-Sep-16 16:08:39

On the whole I think metro tiles have had their day, but the black and white chequered floor sounds nice. Do you really need anything other than a tiled splashback? Dulux endurance paint has worked very well in our kitchen and I always thought tiles were a necessity.

Bagina Tue 06-Sep-16 16:11:04

Chequered floor sounds lovely. Or wood effect cushion flooring. I find floor tiles too cold.

Believeitornot Tue 06-Sep-16 16:11:17

I think black and white is a bit naff blush

Get something in one colour. As it is a small room, a more uniform look is best.

I'd only tile half way and paint the rest white. Easier to change the look if need be.

I'd also go for a grey slate type tile - hides the dirt more grin

sentia Tue 06-Sep-16 20:57:55

If you wanted wood then perhaps wood look tiles?

dollylucy Thu 08-Sep-16 19:42:26

I just did this?

dollylucy Thu 08-Sep-16 19:43:12

Or these?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now