Talk

Advanced search

those table top trays you see on US shows

(13 Posts)
thatone Tue 23-Aug-16 22:41:05

Our coffee and dining table always ends up with stuff on top that sort of needs to be there. I have noticed that on US shows (eg Modern Family), they have wooden-looking trays to store table-top items. It just makes things look a bit neater. Does anyone know where to get these? Are they just normal food/drink trays? I really like them and have looked on various sites and in stores without much luck.

ShatnersBassoon Tue 23-Aug-16 22:42:43

Ottoman trays? They're big and wooden.

JenLindley Tue 23-Aug-16 22:45:30

Not sure if the same thing but I got one from B&M bargains. It's on my coffee table and I have some candles on it. It's purely decorative though. Is that what you mean or something else?

HerRoyalNotness Tue 23-Aug-16 22:46:13

Yes you can just use normal food trays. I have a Perspex one, and a vintage brass one.

You can find them at most homeward stores

0hCrepe Tue 23-Aug-16 22:46:25

Do you mean like a lazy Susan?

LineyReborn Tue 23-Aug-16 22:47:00

You can get tray tables from Argos (Habitat range).

thatone Tue 23-Aug-16 22:54:14

Thank you everyone - lots more to go on. Will google Ottoman trays and check put B&MBargains and Argos as the ones I have seen are very £££. OhCrepe I don't think they are like a lazy Susan (those rotate don't they?).

JenLindley Tue 23-Aug-16 22:58:09

Oh I also got in B&M a smaller tray with legs. It is supposed to go over the arm of a chair but I have it sitting beside my fireplace with a vase of flowers on it. It would look good as a table centrepiece to though. It is wooden. Mine is grey but there were white ones too. I think they were £3.99

UterusUterusGhali Wed 24-Aug-16 19:03:18

Do you mean a butler's table ?

WoopWoop200 Fri 26-Aug-16 19:15:58

I was just about to ask the same thing, but for a mirrored tray 😁

thatone Sat 27-Aug-16 08:27:12

No Uterus... it's more of a decorative/storage thing, usually wooden, sometimes with ornate handles and an engraving but doesn't have legs - an Ottoman tray.

Henrysmycat Sun 28-Aug-16 02:58:06

Also TKmaxx/Homesense have some nice ones.

KARMAisaBtch Mon 29-Aug-16 02:14:49

I have the metal tray & visitors always say it looks good on our table as it is so contemporary! Just a bit pricey though.

http://m.next.co.uk/search?w=Trays&af=&isort=score

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now