Talk

Advanced search

What furniture for a conservatory?

(7 Posts)
Rojak Tue 23-Aug-16 11:41:38

Have moved into a house with a conservatory and looking to furnish it.

Would you go with regular sofa set? Day bed with boho bits? Or wicker type conservatory furniture?

I'm hoping to use the room often so want something which will be comfortable to sit on but have no experience with wicker or daybeds?

Thanks

Agsy Tue 23-Aug-16 21:50:47

Wicker is nice but not as comfy as it looks. Gathers dust too like thete's no tomorrow 😶 Worth it if it goes with the character of the house. Daybed is more show then substance, not an ideal piece of furniture to sit on & have a coffee. I think you should really focus on what you want to do in that space and what kind of furniture you like best for that and then pick up sth that meets the equirements, and goes with the rest of the house.
Been to Tottenham Court Road lately, saw some fantastic things there in all kinds of styles, from collonial to modern; all would look fantasic in a conservatory. The only criterium to bear in mind is they can't be too heavy/ solid. ☺

Rojak Wed 24-Aug-16 16:35:33

Thanks

Minniemagoo Wed 24-Aug-16 16:42:34

We have proper room furnishings, just like a lounge. Depending on the aspect of the room the biggest worry is sun fading so actually i wpuld recommend solid good quality furnishings. We have natural blonde wood that is regularly treated and the sofa and chairs are cream coloured. A previous green sofa faded horribly. I use the room a lot as we have 3 radiators for winter and blinds and fan for summer.
I love sitting there on my big arm chair with a coffee and the paper.

Northernlight22 Wed 24-Aug-16 16:46:36

Proper room furnishings here - tv, IKEA shelf thing and a sofa and footstool

Mummylin Wed 24-Aug-16 19:02:08

Proper furnishing here too. We have a corner suite. Dining table , tv unit and another unit for books etc. Laminate on the floor with a rug. We also have radiators for the winter.

Rojak Wed 24-Aug-16 19:29:53

Thanks - it sounds like most of you have gone for proper sofa etc over traditional wicker.

Mine's a traditional 80s style conservatory (all funny angles) but underfloor heating so I don't have to worry about furniture placement vs radiators (although i have to work with the angles)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now