Talk

Advanced search

What colour paint on window sills? (Not breathtakingly exciting!)

(3 Posts)
MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Wed 17-Aug-16 21:45:35

If my skirting boards and architraves are painted white should my window sills be white too?

They are currently natural wood (just varnished) and match the window frames (but not the skirting). I was wondering if it would brighten up the place if I paint them white.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

wowfudge Wed 17-Aug-16 22:02:16

I am not a fan of dark wood window frames and sills. I'd look at painting the window frame and the sill - it will probably lighten the room up quite a bit. Use a good primer - Zinsser are worth the money for making easy work of things (no sanding) - and give it a couple of coats. Follow that with a couple of top coats to match the rest of the woodwork.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Thu 18-Aug-16 20:38:15

Thank you wowfudge. I wouldn't be able to paint the inside of the window frames but I am sorely tempted to paint the window sills white.

The more I walk around the house and take notice of the white skirting but brown wooden sills, the more I think it looks wrong. It's like my collar and cuffs don't match, in a manner of speaking grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now