Which towels are known for being good quality?

(22 Posts)
yummymummycleo Tue 16-Aug-16 21:08:24

Just that really. Have got a new bathroom being done soon. So want to invest (thinking 00's not 000's) in some really nice quality, fluffy towels which stay fluffy after washing without leaving fluff all over your body. Ones which are nice and big and are just good quality really.

I haven't got a clue which brands are known to be good quality.

Could anyone tell me please?

DandelionAndBedrock Tue 16-Aug-16 21:09:32

I have read great things on here about Primark towels! I like the Egyptian cotton ones from Dunelm Mill.

AbiBranning Tue 16-Aug-16 21:10:18

Bhs ultimate are my favorites but not sure if you'll be able to get a set with them closing.sad

jenniuol Tue 16-Aug-16 21:10:54

I like christy towels. Can quite often get them in tkmaxx very reasonably priced.

ItsNiceItsDifferentItsUnusual Tue 16-Aug-16 21:12:14

I was wondering this, I want to change all my towels...got John Lewis ones a few years ago and don't rate them at all.

Saw some nice ones in Next but not sure whether they have a good rep or not.

Saffronesque Tue 16-Aug-16 21:12:24

Christs.

Worth paying a bit extra for as they will last you decades if you wish

WordGetsAround Tue 16-Aug-16 21:12:32

Get good quality (Egyptian) cotton, then it's down to how you wash them! On t line outside = rough and scratchy (this is us!). Wash with conditioner then tumble dry = soft and fluffy but non-absorbent (my PILs method!). Or just tumble dry = soft!

Saffronesque Tue 16-Aug-16 21:12:54

That would be Christy...

ItsNiceItsDifferentItsUnusual Wed 17-Aug-16 07:13:31

Thanks for the Christy recommendation...hadn't heard of them before but they have a good sale on at the moment so just bought a load!

WanderingTrolley1 Wed 17-Aug-16 07:16:19

I've always found our towels from Sainsbury's to be a lovely quality.

LarrytheCucumber Wed 17-Aug-16 07:22:14

John Lewis.

ItsNiceItsDifferentItsUnusual Wed 17-Aug-16 07:22:47

Also you can get an extra 10% off with code CHRISTY10...just got 8 towels for £70, should have been double that full price. Very pleased!

fgyw Wed 17-Aug-16 07:29:00

Christy last for years... John Lewis not bad-far better than Sainsbury's

LarrytheCucumber Wed 17-Aug-16 13:02:12

I have a Christy towel that was an engagement present in 1972!

littlejo67 Sun 21-Aug-16 17:35:31

We have Mitre linen Nova white towels. I spotted them while in a Hotel and looked them up. The public can by them as well. Quite lightweight but very absorbent and soft. Trade prices too :-)

passportmess Sun 21-Aug-16 17:37:44

Just bought more Christys. Tried Sheridan's too but these didn't last.

Justwanttoweeinpeace Sun 21-Aug-16 17:40:59

Christy are lovely.

PitchFork Sun 21-Aug-16 17:43:00

cawoe (amazon or sometimes tkmaxx)

HirplesWithHaggis Sun 21-Aug-16 17:44:13

www.kingofcotton.com supply fantastic quality towels at very reasonable prices. A set of Egyptian cotton bath sheets (the biggest size) I bought about ten years ago are still in daily use, washed at 60 and tumble dried, still soft and absorbent.

DoItTooJulia Sun 21-Aug-16 18:02:33

See, I wasn't impressed with cristy towels. I had some, years ago, from debenhams and they were good.

I have a virtually threadbare towel that my nan bought years ago. No label, and I'm gutted because it's been the single best towel I ever owned! My mum seems to to remember that my man went to a hotel linen sale. It was all new, but overstock and that's where she bought them from. So I'm on the hunt for hotel quality towels now.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 21-Aug-16 18:33:30

I'm watching this thread with interest.
I seem to be a towel killer !!!
They always end up like rough boards. I have lived in different houses with different washing machines yet my towels always go ghastly.
I used to think my first washing machine was to blame but no, subsequent machines work no better.
I wash them in 40* wash. Dry them hanging in the utility room as I can't trust the weather. I do use fabric conditioner.
sadsadsad

PitchFork Sun 21-Aug-16 18:53:29

for fluffy towels drying in a dryer seems essential.
and not using too much detergent. and never softener.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now