Talk

Advanced search

How weird would it be to put Pictures on the front of cupboard doors.

(10 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Mon 15-Aug-16 09:51:19

I've approximately 15 large pictures and if we move to this flat I've picked we have to put huge cupboards in every room.

It will leave very little wall space - would it be too weird to put them (how?) on the front of wardrobes/cupboards?

ExcuseMyEyebrows Mon 15-Aug-16 10:13:56

Decoupage?

LaurieFairyCake Mon 15-Aug-16 10:24:35

Well that looks lovely smile

I mean framed pictures though

useyourimagination Mon 15-Aug-16 10:31:34

How will the cupboard doors open? Will your pictures foul the openings? How would you hang them?

LaurieFairyCake Mon 15-Aug-16 10:32:41

No clue how to do it confused

Maybe on hooks and then tied on with a bit of wire so they don't fly off when you open the door?

funnysortofsummer Mon 15-Aug-16 10:42:21

I thought you meant pictures of what's inside the cupboards and thought I would give it a try as some people round here still can't remember!

Queenbean Mon 15-Aug-16 10:45:27

Yes it would look very weird! smile

MachiKoro Mon 15-Aug-16 10:53:55

Isn't the point of huge floor-to-ceiling cupboards so that one can have a calm, minimalistic atmosphere?
No pictures, in that case, or just a select few, perhaps in the hallway, or on a console table?

LaurieFairyCake Mon 15-Aug-16 11:01:42

Pffft... minimalism - nah grin - just got masses of craft stuff/ textiles/books/DVDs/hoovers/sporting equipment to hide - there is not one cupboard in the flat I'm looking at.

But I like my pictures - usually I have them all hung up the stairs - no stairs in this place

useyourimagination Mon 15-Aug-16 13:08:52

Could you (and I've no idea if this would work) put up some folding screens in front of your cupboards and attach your artwork to those?

a bit like the first one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now