Aargh - bathroom floor

(11 Posts)
Sprog19 Thu 11-Aug-16 17:17:57

Have just moved house and need to replace the cream carpet 😮 in the bathroom with a vinyl floor. Have sent away for about 12 samples from Karndean but nothing looks right. Any ideas? Have attached a photo of the room and one of the walls. It's very beigey but we can't afford to redo the whole room as yet.

ajandjjmum Thu 11-Aug-16 17:33:57

Amtico - dark wood effect plank?

Sprog19 Thu 11-Aug-16 17:48:35

I hadn't thought of anything dark - would that work, do you think?

wowfudge Thu 11-Aug-16 18:43:23

Go for wood look instead of tile look - polyflor is another brand worth looking at. A mid colour will hide hair and fluff best.

GiddyOnZackHunt Thu 11-Aug-16 18:48:31

We've got Rhinofloor cushioned vinyl in our bathroom. Lots of options.

nennyrainbow Thu 11-Aug-16 18:51:07

We have marmoleum in ours. There's a good range of colours and patterns and it's a natural product, unlike vinyl. Easy to clean and looks good too.

nennyrainbow Thu 11-Aug-16 18:54:59

http://www.forbo.com/flooring/en-gl/products/linoleum/marmoleum-marbled-sheet/marmoleum-fresco/bjptu3

For example

JT05 Thu 11-Aug-16 20:21:45

We moved to a similar bathroom and have put a pale wood on the floor. Looks good and lightens the tiles.

IsItMeOr Thu 11-Aug-16 20:27:30

We went for Amtico Spacia wood effect. Something like American oak, but I think we got it cheap as it was being discontinued. So pleased with it - it still looks the same as when it went down 10 years ago.

Ours is thinner strips/planks than www.amtico.com/residential/products/product-search/SS5W2527 and works well in a small room. So might be worth looking to see whether they make different sizes.

didireallysaythat Thu 11-Aug-16 23:13:25

We have cork. Comes in lots of shades and colours and warm under foot

Sprog19 Thu 11-Aug-16 23:19:03

I did wonder about a pale wood. But we are having engineered oak put down in hall and upstairs landing, so I wondered if it would look odd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now