Talk

Advanced search

Help !!! can't chose paint

(5 Posts)
inlectorecumbit Sat 06-Aug-16 15:02:10

Almost in tears. I have just been to B&Q to buy paint for DD's bedroom. She wants 1 wall darkish gray and the other walls a lighter gray. She wants black furniture and bedding to match,,
My problem is l see all colours of gray as gray. I don't know if they are warm or cold colours, l don't know what matches ( my sense os style is quite unique as you can imagine),
I looked at Dulux paint-can anyone advise me on what colous of gray would go well together . Please [pleading emotion]

Foxsox Sat 06-Aug-16 22:44:55

You can get warm and cool shade of Grey
In the dulux collection I would suggest looking at the paint scale cards in the mixing ststion and getting the second darkest and the lightest. These can be from any shade of grey she likes.

Having looked through the colours I like;
Steel Symphony and dove slate

Bambooshoots14 Mon 08-Aug-16 16:03:30

Greys can vary so much once on the wall (a lot look blue/ purple) so definitely get some testers and try them on the wall first

Bambooshoots14 Mon 08-Aug-16 16:05:19

For example This is dove grey from homebase and looks very blue in real life

Mamatallica Mon 08-Aug-16 16:12:17

Why not take DD wth you to choose some samples? It's her bedroom after all! Paint some different shades on bits of lining paper and move them around the room to get different effects of light and dark to see what would work. Otherwise look at curtains and bedding first and then choose some paint that goes with those shades?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now