Talk

Advanced search

What colour is your hallway?

(13 Posts)
ImBrian Sun 31-Jul-16 09:17:21

I have just had my very narrow hallway, stairs and landing plastered and I'm looking for ideas to pinch. A light colour would have been great but with 5 children and 2 dogs it's not going to happen! The rest of my house has a lot of grey in it and I was thinking about using polished pebble in the hope that finger prints won't show up as much. Any suggestions before I start painting squares all over the walls?

SimplyNigella Sun 31-Jul-16 09:23:15

We have Farrow and Ball Incardine downstairs, which is a deep red and not to everyone's taste but works well in our cottage. On the stairs and landing we have Hardwick White which is a lovely green grey.

JoJoSM2 Fri 05-Aug-16 01:59:55

Or you could just get some scrubbable, washable paint in whatever colour you like. Another idea is to do just a pure brilliant white - you can touch up as often as needed without worrying about matching the colour.

Zhabr Fri 05-Aug-16 20:28:45

Mine is Dulux Gentle Fawn.

bonzo77 Fri 05-Aug-16 20:31:00

Not sure what it's called as we didn't paint it, but a pale yellow (but definitely pale rather than pastel) with white gloss skirting / dado / picture rails. It's pretty old (probably >10 years) and battered but still looks good.

NoCapes Fri 05-Aug-16 20:31:45

Mine is Crown Toasted Almond
Tiz lovely but it does show up scratches and marks

wobblywonderwoman Fri 05-Aug-16 20:36:32

We have wood pannelling in an off white and it looks lovely

LemonBreeland Fri 05-Aug-16 20:39:41

I have a dado rail. Top half is white and bottom is eau de nil a darker shade of duck egg. My hall is quite dark but is quite bright with those colours.

Doilooklikeatourist Fri 05-Aug-16 20:41:34

Ours is trade white
Easy to touch up and keep clean

BarleysFiddle Fri 05-Aug-16 20:42:07

Builders Magnolia. It's 9 years old but with a 4-year-old menace in the house I'm not changing it any time soon.

m0therofdragons Fri 05-Aug-16 20:42:52

Ours is a cream colour but washable and overtly olive up the stairs and round the front door. I love it and it feels very balanced as it's a long corridor. Originally I painted it yellow to "brighten it up" but wow it made it dark and I hated it. To this day dh has no idea how much money I wasted on paint - he never asked.

m0therofdragons Fri 05-Aug-16 20:46:29

Here is my hall

JessesGirl Fri 05-Aug-16 20:47:07

I have a very narrow hallway with high ceilings and had it decorated earlier this year. The walls are an off-White (think the colour is called ghost white) and I have a light grey on the ceiling. It looks amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now