Talk

Advanced search

new malibu range at argo

(4 Posts)
twoboots1 Thu 28-Jul-16 07:23:06

has anyone had any experience with this range? and what is your general experience with argos bedroom furniture comapred to ikea?
I understand the quality and value from ikea. I have not had any experience with argos furniture, I am thinking of this for DD (8)

www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5713282.htm

normally we would consider something like stuva

Or can someone suggest another set/system?

Sundaysmumisfullofwine Sun 31-Jul-16 10:50:38

The Malibu range is not good quality - we had a chest of drawers that barely lasted a year, whereas the ikea malm chest of drawers we have is 10 years old or so and still going strong.

I find Argos furniture hit and miss. Some is poorly made, especially the cheaper ranges, but there can be some gems, eg

www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8335791.htm
We have 2 of these (paid a lot less though) and they are absolutely solid. I wouldn't go for Argos as a long term solution, but often the cheaper ranges can be fine for a stop gap.

99percentchocolate Sun 31-Jul-16 10:51:42

We've had a few pieces of Argos furniture - never again! IKEA is much, much better.

Misselthwaite Sun 31-Jul-16 18:16:22

IKEA here too. Our nursery furniture is still going from Argos at 9 years old but its involved a lot of wood glue. The chest of drawers and other bits we bought from IKEA at the same time still going strong, still looks fine and hasn't required any attention. I only buy very well reviewed items from Argos these days or only buy very cheap stuff that I don't expect to last long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now