Grey-ish white paint

(21 Posts)
WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sat 23-Jul-16 07:58:45

We've got a few rooms to paint - a narrow dark hall with limited natural light, en-suite with no windows and a south facing bedroom.

Any suggestions for white paints perhaps with a slightly grey undertone? It's for some pre-selling decorating so I don't want to start stocking up on f&b, just some neutral freshing up! Any suggestions?

MakemineaGandT Sat 23-Jul-16 07:59:54

Dulux "Porcelain" - tones really well with greys

GuruDal Sat 23-Jul-16 08:01:01

Everyone recommends Dulux 'Timeless' its supposed to look warm, clean & soft.

GeordieJeans Sat 23-Jul-16 08:04:54

If it's dark you could try Dulux Cotton Breeze from the light and space (or something like that) range. It looks blue-ish on the chart but it isn't.

icklekid Sat 23-Jul-16 08:04:55

We've used dulux timeless as recommended above and been really impressed although it isn't grey at all...

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sat 23-Jul-16 08:17:59

I've seen lots of posts about timeless. Done it tone well with grey accessories?

I'll get a tester pot of porcelain too to try.

MakemineaGandT Sat 23-Jul-16 08:20:09

I think Timeless is too yellowy to tone with greys - it tones better with creams rather than greys (for which Porcelain is better imho!)

BifsWif Sat 23-Jul-16 08:21:18

Dulux White mist. It's a white with hints of grey. I have it in my kitchen hold on I'll take a photo.

BifsWif Sat 23-Jul-16 08:23:24

This is with the light on

BifsWif Sat 23-Jul-16 08:24:21

Light off. It looks more grey than normal in these photos.

BeachysSandyFlipFlops Sat 23-Jul-16 08:26:33

I swear by Egyptian Cotton by Dulux.

Savagebeauty Sat 23-Jul-16 08:27:38

Just Walnut

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sat 23-Jul-16 08:49:51

Thanks for the suggestions. I need to get some tester pots! I'm confused on 'porcelain' - I've found dulux porcelain doll and dulux trade diamond porcelain online.

moonbug4 Sat 23-Jul-16 09:04:39

We've just decorated a room in Dulux Rock Salt, which looked more white when we used the tester pot but now that it's on the walls is a very pale grey.

We've got timeless in other rooms and I agree it has more of a cream tone to it.

Good luck finding the right shade, we seem to have spent a fortune on tester pots recently!

dudsville Sat 23-Jul-16 09:08:36

Egyptian Cotton here too. Had professionals in, they did 3 coats as it was over pretty loud wallpaper and it's held up well.

MrsBosh Sat 23-Jul-16 12:16:15

Agree with PPS that Timeless is too creamy a tone - I'm sad it doesn't work with our grey sofas in our lounge.
Another vote for Dulux White Mist. Very very pale grey but still light and whitish.
Good luck!

MrsBosh Sat 23-Jul-16 12:17:11

*PPs

icklekid Sat 23-Jul-16 12:27:06

Timeless works with our pale grey sofa (in very light filled room) but possibly wouldn't be as good with dark grey. We used white mist last house and that was nice too

skippy67 Mon 25-Jul-16 22:06:13

We have Dulux Porcelain Doll in our hall and landing. It's a lovely light grey that works well with white woodwork.

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Tue 26-Jul-16 16:51:48

Thanks everyone for suggestions and photos! We've gone with porcelain - I normally go through squillions of testers, but it's just to freshen things up for a sale (hopefully) so am just going to bite the bullet and go for it!

EnidButton Thu 28-Jul-16 15:06:22

We've got timeless with F&B Cornforth White and it works really well. Perhaps it's because it's a soft light grey or it depends on the light but it definitely goes together.

Just for future posters info. smile Good luck with your sale What.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now