Talk

Advanced search

Calling all people with good design taste!

(6 Posts)
Realitybitesyourbum Sun 17-Jul-16 21:35:33

I am getting my bathroom done, all ripped out and getting fitted walnut furniture, A vanity unit and cupboards/ mirror over sink and toilet, similiar to picture one. The tiles I like are pic two, and they come in a range of colours. See here : www.toppstiles.co.uk/range411/page1/diamante.html

I am not very good at design and colours. I am aware cos the walnut is dark, I should have paler tiles, but I don't want all cream, as my current bathroom is cream. I also, would like a two or three colours, but am aware people don't really do that, do they?! Would it be bad form to have different colours on each wall, or would these tiles be able to mix up colours like you see sometimes (in a kitchen, is it not the done thing in a bathroom?? See, I am hopeless!!)
My bathroom is 2500x1800, so not huge. I like the cream colour and the sky blue. I like the mint and lavender too, but I don't think they would go with walnut? Could I have cream on the wall where the walnut cupboards would be and sky on the other walls?
Please, any suggestions anyone?!

wowfudge Sun 17-Jul-16 22:29:32

How are you thinking of having the tiles laid? If not in a brick pattern, you could have a block of contrast colour from top to bottom midway down the bath. Or you could use a row of different colour at dado height.

poochiepants Sun 17-Jul-16 23:14:05

I always like a soft pale blue with walnut - makes it look fresh.

Realitybitesyourbum Mon 18-Jul-16 07:28:55

That a good idea, having a row of different colour. I thought of having them straight on rather than brick pattern but I am not sure !

Mcchickenbb41 Fri 22-Jul-16 20:25:40

I have sage green brick tiles from tops tiles. I love my bathroom and had to wait a long time for it. My colour scheme is white suite, green tiles, very light grey painted walls which goes with the grey grout and a green and white floral blind. The surfaces are white oak. Grout colour is very important when using brick tiles. I really didn't want it to look griddy ( my own made up word lol ). Your bathroom plans sound lovely ! Personally I'm glad I kept to one colour tile but I know if your clever you can pull of 2. I wasn't that brave

Mcchickenbb41 Fri 22-Jul-16 21:16:34

One good idea. We have a very long towel rail. Floor to ceiling. It's tiled behind it like a panel effect. The elks either side are painted. You could do that and choose to have a different colour tile ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now