Talk

Advanced search

Can you help me with rugs for this bedroom? (Pic)

(15 Posts)
fuckingfendt Sat 16-Jul-16 20:45:36

I've seen 'rug guides' on Pinterest but they all seem catered to lovely big spaces, and rooms that are quite symmetrical. Our house is quite old and wobbly so symmetrical doesnt really work!

I wanted a big rug under the bed, but not sure if it will look weird because of the different size bedside cupboards. So maybe a runner on each side? Or maybe a sheepskin on each side, and a bigger rug at the foot of the bed? Or lots of sheepskins just scattered around the place?

Obviously floor hasn't been done yet but will probably end up being a similar shade of wood, not light anyway. Any rug tips? Or what kind of rugs would be nice too? I really don't know much about them!

wobblywonderwoman Sat 16-Jul-16 20:47:04

IKEA do a very large jute one that would work. I have it and it looks lovely and great size

ImperialBlether Sat 16-Jul-16 20:47:46

How much do you want to spend? I love looking for rugs!

fuckingfendt Sat 16-Jul-16 20:50:50

Oh I really like jute rugs, I did look at IKEA but didn't see one?

Not sure really Imperial, I'm happy to save up for a nice quality one or a big one if it looks right.

fuckingfendt Sat 16-Jul-16 20:52:01

I also don't think I want any blue in it, there's enough in the wall and will be too difficult to match it right. So light colours I think? I don't really know though!

trickyex Sat 16-Jul-16 23:49:09

I think a large rug going under the bed would work well and make the room a bit cosier, at least 2x3m.
An IKEA jute rug would fit with the style or something with a fairly flat weave.

anotherdayanothersquabble Sun 17-Jul-16 22:30:46

Stripes would pick up the blue in the wall as well as the floor coloring. (I would colour the other walls too to give a cosy feel)

poochiepants Sun 17-Jul-16 22:56:51

How about getting a piece of long pile carpet in a nice bright colour, and ask the supplier to have the four edges taped in a contrast trim - look at someone like Alternative Flooring, I think they do it. Size should be ideally 60cm larger than the bed all round, more at the foot, but you'll need to play around a bit using towels/sheets to see what works. Remember, you will have to 'buy' the full width of the carpet roll, but only to the length you need, so make sure they give you any unused pieces as you'll likely have been charged for them anyway.

If you can, move the drawers on the right to somewhere else in the room, and get 2 matching, in size at least, bedsides.

Good luck, post pics afterwards!

wobblywonderwoman Sun 17-Jul-16 23:14:43

The jute ikea one I have is called osted. Its 85 pound really large. Sorry can't link but this is a photo

fuckingfendt Mon 18-Jul-16 12:58:18

poochie great idea, I'll look in to that. I don't want matching bedside tables though, I like it being asymmetrical smile
I do want to put a tall plant in the corner on the left though.

another I think that one is a bit too colourful for what I'm wanting in the bedroom. I'm hoping the room will look cosier once curtains are in and pictures are up on the wall. The other walls are very long so not only would it be a bit too expensive (blue is F&B), I think it would feel like the room was closing in.

Thanks wobbly, off to have a google of that one too.

mw40784 Tue 19-Jul-16 10:19:37

I recommend for cowhide patchwork rugs and handcrafted rugs for your bedroom. Checkout MosaicRugs.co.uk website..

LizzieMacQueen Tue 19-Jul-16 12:16:25

Immediately I thought of Gant but they don't do rugs, why not have a look at Anta (who are a Scottish brand) but I think a big check with single block edging would look very nice.

fuckingfendt Tue 19-Jul-16 19:13:33

Oh my goodness, everything on the Anta website is gorgeous. I now want a carpet runner from them too.

flamingnoravera Thu 28-Jul-16 07:52:47

A Turkmen or kazak rug would look nice IMO.

EnidButton Thu 28-Jul-16 14:32:30

Lovely room! That blue is gorgeous. I'd go for a plain rug rather than patterned to keep it calm and cosy like it is now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now