Talk

Advanced search

Special Birthday present for the home

(8 Posts)
Toxicity Mon 11-Jul-16 17:04:48

Hello

I was wondering if any of you can help me. It's my friend's birthday very soon and I want to get her something for the house, something she'll have for years to come. She lives in a one bedroom flat and likes neutral, tasteful decorations.

I have just looked on a few websites but they weren't very inspiring. My budget is around £50.

Would be grateful for any ideas.

Thanks

justaweeone Tue 12-Jul-16 17:55:29

I think you can't beat a lovely vase, especially a tall plain glass one. We got one a a wedding present over 19 years ado and use it constantly
This website has some nice ones
http://www.dartington.co.uk/decor/vases.html

Aquiver Tue 12-Jul-16 17:57:14

Agree - a good quality, solid vase would be a great gift. John Lewis have a great selection, as do LSA International.

If your budget could stretch to a lovely bunch of flowers to put in them, that would be a lovely gift smile

JT05 Tue 12-Jul-16 21:03:07

A photo frame might be appropriate or a pretty framed dressing table mirror.

rainbrella Wed 13-Jul-16 17:31:38

might not on the right lines here but this sort of thing?

shop.nationaltrust.org.uk/grey-illusion-rug/p1522

id be delighted if someone got me this because it could work well in both my reception areas.

OrangeSquashTallGlass Wed 13-Jul-16 17:38:38

From the thread title I genuinely thought you meant you wanted to get your house something to celebrate it's 'birthday'. I need a nap.

I second the idea of a vase. Or does it have to be for inside - does she have a garden?

Toxicity Fri 15-Jul-16 14:37:27

Thank you so much for such great suggestions flowers I am off to have a good nose at the links now!

OrangeSquash, it does have to be for indoors as she doesn't have a garden.

Thanks All!

wobblywonderwoman Thu 04-Aug-16 21:34:48

Did you choose anything yet op. Laura Ashley have lovely clocks in muted colours

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now