Talk

Advanced search

Do nice non-slip bath mats exist

(5 Posts)
CrotchetQuaverMinim Fri 24-Jun-16 10:36:35

I've just slipped again on the bath surface when getting out of the shower (it's a shower over the bath); there's a bit of the shower attachment to hold on to, but not much else. So I'm thinking it's probably a good idea to get something to put on the bottom. I always hated those rubber mats that seem to get slimy and mouldy and grim so quickly. But it needs to be removable so that we can use the bath as a tub, and also because it's a rented house. What are your nice-looking solutions?

HippyPottyMouth Fri 24-Jun-16 10:51:37

We have a rubber mat and stick it to the tiles on the wall after use. It slows down the grot. I scrub it with an old toothbrush occasionally.

CrotchetQuaverMinim Mon 27-Jun-16 19:47:22

thanks, I guess that might be the only solution! I'll keep looking for one that is reasonably nice I guess, not seen much so far.

minipie Tue 28-Jun-16 11:12:37

You can get small suction on rubber stars or large spots - you use about 8 or 10 instead of a mat. I think they look a bit nicer than a mat but they are a bit more hassle as there are more of them.

NonnoMum Tue 28-Jun-16 11:14:51

Thread hijacker - yes, to a MN recommends for bath mats. But I need a really absorbent one that doesn't weight a ton and need washing every two days... Anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now