Talk

Advanced search

paint pads.

(9 Posts)
jellyjiggles Sun 05-Jun-16 06:11:26

Has anybody used them? I have a lot of rooms to paint and these look far easier than a roller.

Do they give as good a finish as a roller?

Emochild Sun 05-Jun-16 06:25:59

They are ok for textured surfaces

It's very difficult to paint smooth surfaces though without getting drag marks

trinity0097 Sun 05-Jun-16 07:39:56

Far easier than a roller as no splattering, if you are getting drag marks you are putting too much on at one time IMHO.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 05-Jun-16 08:10:12

Would you consider professional rollers? Mines 14" but you can get bigger.

The pro ones don't spatter any where near as much. Crown did, leyland, wickes and f&b didn't.

Emochild Sun 05-Jun-16 08:42:01

trinity

....or conversely not putting enough on or pressing too hard or holding it at the wrong angle

There are lots of things that can affect the finish with a paint pad

Some people find them easier but many people experience problems with them

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sun 05-Jun-16 09:00:42

I used to love them, but then I had a newly renovated steading with perfect walls.

they are not nearly so good on dodgy walls.

Rupster Fri 10-Jun-16 13:19:30

I used to use pads, but after painting you could see the direction of the last movement. You don't get that issue with rollers. You do need to put sheets down though when rollering as there will be some splattering, but you get a great finish :-)

GlassCircles Fri 10-Jun-16 13:23:09

Those roller hood things you can get do cut down on a lot of splatter, definitely recommend.

lifeistooshort Fri 10-Jun-16 13:29:19

Tried several times and several brands and I did get drag marks. I find that a good roller does the job much quicker and more effectively.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now