Talk

Advanced search

Vinyl Planks or waterproof laminate for bathroom

(12 Posts)
MyLlamasGoneBananas Wed 01-Jun-16 19:00:43

I'm struggling to find what I want.
Our bathroom is being refitted in 2 weeks and because of various issues we have to have vinyl planks or laminate flooring - which would gave been my choice anyway.

However, I want white wood effect but not one that looks photographed and cheap iykwim.

I am having white porcelain and iridescent glass tiles and a white suite so want to stick to white or v v pale.

I have found some vinyl planks in b&q but they are only OK. I font love them. I'm finding there is loads of laminate out there but very little properly waterproof and suitable for bathrooms. There is a difference between waterproof for bathrooms and splash proof for kitchens so a few flooring shops have told me.

Can anyone help? Point me in the right direction of where to look if you can.

Thanks in advancesmile

MyLlamasGoneBananas Thu 02-Jun-16 10:17:25

Anyone?

didireallysaythat Fri 03-Jun-16 20:40:59

Don't want to add more decisions but have you thought about white cork - warm under foot.

GnomeDePlume Fri 03-Jun-16 21:13:23

We had w/proof laminate in our utility room - very unimpressed. It swelled, expanded. You can get a plastic clip together from B&Q etc, it isnt laminate but is click, that may well be better as it wont absorb.

ChishandFips33 Sat 04-Jun-16 22:21:40

We've had quickstep waterproof.

Some of their laminates are doubles of engineered wood - texture, v grooves, wider, longer planks etc

Have just bought it again for new house bathroom - not sure if they do the white in waterproof but you can buy a waterproofing 'glue' for the joins which will help

We had v.cheap laminate down in our first house as a stop gap...still there 15 yrs later when we sold up!!

Invest in decent bath mats if you have young splashy children and wipe up spills quick and you should be ok

Polpette Sat 04-Jun-16 22:21:54

Karndean vinyl planks are waterproof, also look very realistic. I'm about to use them in my bathroom in dark wood but they have lots of pale woods too. It can be pricey but you can find some online stockists that have good discounts on Karndean.

ChishandFips33 Sat 04-Jun-16 22:26:33

white quick step waterproof

From the spiel; Quick-Step Impressive Ultra is a collection of extra solid and hardwearing laminate floors that look and feel exceptionally natural. The planks’ authentic wood grains, for example, are perfectly reflected into the floor’s joints as well. And there’s more: thanks to a unique water-repellent ‘HydroSeal’ coating, Impressive Ultra is not only beautiful, it’s also the most waterproof laminate flooring ever produced.

wowfudge Sun 05-Jun-16 07:04:10

Have a look at luxury vinyl tile products - Karndean is just one brand. Others include Amtico and Polyflor. We had Polyflor Colonia that looked like wooden planks in our old bathroom and it was brilliant. In our new house we have inherited Amtico in a marble look, which I like less, but it's still really practical.

MyLlamasGoneBananas Sun 05-Jun-16 16:26:08

Thank you so much for your replies. Our bathroom fitter has delayed starting for a further week as his current job has escalated.
The plus side it gives me more chance to find some flooring. So I'm off to look at all of your suggestions smile

MyLlamasGoneBananas Sun 05-Jun-16 16:50:18

Is Cork waterproof? Anyone got Cork flooring in the bathroom?
It's not something I'd considered before. Just researching all of your ideas.

whiteagle Sun 05-Jun-16 17:02:54

Do you have a Modulao stockist? Cheaper than Karndean /Amtico but just as good. We have a very light lime washed oak effect in our ensuite. Has texture like wood and not shiney naff and plasticy. I would use it again.

didireallysaythat Sun 05-Jun-16 17:48:12

I've got cork. I don't think you should leave standing water on it but there are bathroom ranges. And loads of colour choices

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now